The Apartment

I walk into our apartment 25 minutes before Tobias and I agreed. I go to clean up and decide to take a shower. As I let the water soak my hair, I reflect on the day. After stopping the Dauntless traitors and helping friends find their loved ones, I believe I deserve a long and hot shower. Christina found Will a few minutes after I promised to continue that kissing session. As I twist the faucet off, I hear the door slam. I smile, he's probably worried about me.

"TRIS? Tris you alright?!" he storms into the bathroom, not caring if I'm taking a shower. I giggle and hide behind the bathroom door. I see his face in the mirror and burst out laughing. His eyes are bulging with fear and his lips taut with worry. As my noise reaches his ears, Tobias' face lights up with recognition and relief. He maneuvers his way behind the door and hugs me tightly. I mockingly cough as if I'm being choked and he lets go. Then he gives me a once-over to make sure I'm all in one piece. He then smiles and presses his chin into my shoulder. I hug him back and I don't even bother to make sure my towel stays wrapped around me. It does though; I've always been good at keeping things on me.

"Can I go get dressed now?" my voice is muffled by Tobias' sweatshirt. He nods and walks me to the closet, his eyes never leaving me. I grab a pair of his sweats and my white tank top and put them on. I slide under the silky covers and mentally urge Tobias to cuddle me. Apparently he gets the message because he puts sweats on as well and joins me under the covers. I snuggle into his warm and muscular chest.

"I love you, you know that right?" I mumble. An audible sigh is all I receive as Tobias relaxes and falls back to sleep.

Thank you all for sticking with me and this story. I've never expected it to go this far and yet here we are. Hope you enjoy this and I'm REALLY SORRY for the long wait.