The Next Day

Tobias and I sleep all the way to 8 'o clock in the morning. My alarm goes off and I groggily reach out from under the covers to turn it off. It works and the annoying rooster sound Tobias set just to irritate me goes off. My hand slips back under and I snuggle closer to him but he's not there. I figure he's just using the bathroom and flip onto my side, ready to cuddle when he gets back. I drift back to asleep.

"WAKE-Y WAKE-Y! EGGS AND BAC-Y TRIS!!!" Tobias shouts as he flips on the lights. I fumble with the covers and end up on the floor. I glare at Tobias.

"Eggs and what?"

"Eggs and bac-y. Short for bacon," he grins like it is the most obvious thing ever. I nod and he comes over and helps me up. I thank him and follow as he walks to the kitchen. Apparently he wasn't kidding when he said that he had eggs and bacon. Actually he had everything cooked. Waffles, toast, sausage, gravy, and biscuits! I grab two plates and hand one to him. I ignore his laughter as I dig into the delicious breakfast.

"Whaddryalafingat?" I say with my mouth full of food.

"Now Tris you know it's impolite to talk with food in your mouth," Tobias mockingly scolds. I take a big gulp and give him the evil eye.

"I said 'Whaddryalafingat?' " I retort while grinning. He shakes his head and laughs.

"I'll take that as a 'yes' as to whether or not you like it."

"Oh I love it. Back in Abnegation, remember we only had scrambled eggs and toast every single morning?" I laugh and look at Tobias. He starts laughing as well and I catch his nod of agreement.

✴ Sorry for the wait and short update guys! I've got English & Science projects for the end of the year. Not to mention a final in Math and the fact that my Social Studies teacher is pissed @ me because I told a kid to shut up during a test. ➡About that, she said she was taking a point off my test. But whatever, I really didn't like her anyway. ✴