betty cooper

betty when you finally stop ignoring her

×××

You and Betty were best friends and have been for 2 years now. You guys did sometimes fight, rarely. You guys recently had fight over her safety.

Flash back;

"y/n, it's nothing serious!" Betty said.

"Yes it is Betty!" You said.

"How?! Please tell me!"

"You can get yourself killed!"

"I'm doing something that find the person that killed Jason! It's better than being home, you should try it sometime!"

"At least, I'm not trying to get killed!"

"At least, I'm doing something that can help people!"

"At least, I'm safe! Not being a target for people! Your parents are worried about you! Your dad especially!"

"At least, my dad didn't choose drugs over me!"

You couldn't believe what Betty had just said. You rushed out of her room.

"y/n! Wait!" Betty said.

Betty followed you. You reached to the door and opened it. You turned around and saw Betty halfway down the stairs. She looked at you.

"Screw you, Betty Cooper." You said with your eyes filled with tears.

You walked out of her house, slamming the door behind you. You ran home, crying.

End of flash back

Betty tried contacting you for weeks, she would call or text, come to your house, tried to talk to you at school, tell Veronica to convince you to talk to her, and etc. You were hurt. You've never crossed the line, but she did this time. Your father sold and did drugs, he basically picked them over you. He was arrested so many times because of it, he would forget to pick you up from school and soccer practice because he was on some type of drug. Half of the time he was a father and half of the time he was high. The one thing he did do was abuse you and your mom, it was all because of those stupid drugs he would take. You never talked about your dad, you usually say that you've never met him before. In reality, he was locked up. You did go visit him sometimes, it's nice to see him sober but you would never forget about what he did. Betty was the only one that knew about your dad.

It's 3:46 pm, you had gotten home from school about an hour ago. You heard a knock on the door. You went over to the door and looked through the peep hole and saw Betty. You rolled your eyes. You decided to open the door to tell her to go away. Once you opened the door, Betty looked at you.

"Go away Betty, don't come here again." You told her.

"y/n, I'm sorry. I've should have never crossed the line. It won't happen again." Betty said.

"Betty, you've crossed the line so many times that you've never noticed."

"What do you mean?"

"Telling your mom about my past, you always assume that I'm always going to be free which means that I have to drop everything for you, you've made me missed my mom's birthday dinner because you wanted someone with you at a party, i've lied for you some many times that i lost count after ten, and etc. This isn't the first time Betty. It's the first time I've done something."

"You've never said anything."

"Because I didn't want to hurt your feelings! I trusted you with something and you tell your mom. Tell me shit all you want, but never speak about my family."

"I'm sorry, okay. I'm truly sorry for everything."

"Sorry doesn't cut it, Betty."

"You have to forgive me at some point, y/n. We're best friends."

"You are no longer my best friend. I'm cutting a terrible person out of my life and that's you. Goodbye Betty Cooper."

You closed the door before Betty can anything. You took a deep breath. You just opened a new chapter in your life.