reggie mantle

reggie after you guys get into an argument

×××

reggie has a football game coming up, it was the state championship. it was a tradition that the player's girlfriends would go and wear their jersey. finals was in a week. reggie kept asking if you would go to the game, but you kept dodging the question. you didn't want to tell him that you couldn't make it to his game because you had to study. you knew that he would be sad about it.

it was after school, you were getting your biology and history book mentally preparing for the long weekend. you felt arms wrap around your waist.

"i've been looking for you." you hear reggie say.

you smiled softly and turned around to face him.

"i'm always here after school, you know that." you said.

"i know, but i feel i haven't seen you all day." reggie said.

you've been trying to avoid him, knowing that the game would some how be mentioned.

"well, i'm here now." you said.

you pecked his lips before turning back around to your locker.

"so the state championship game is tomorrow," he said.

you stopped what you were doing, you had to tell him right here. right now.

"what time am i picking you up?" he asked.

you grabbed the things you needed and closed your locker before turning back to him.

"reggie, uh, i'm not going to the game." you said.

his smile was gone after he heard what you said.

"w-why?" he asked.

"i have to study, finals are next week and i just- i'm sorry okay?" you said.

"who cares about finals? literally no one, nothing will happen to your grade." he said.

"final grades are what colleges look at. unlike you, i'm actually trying to get into a good college." you told him.

"y/n, we're only sophomores. we have a year until we think about things like this. i don't see the point of doing things this early, you're on-" you cut him off.

"i'm trying to graduate early!" you said.

"what? why?" reggie asked.

you weren't from riverdale, you just moved to riverdale when you were seven. it was different and you didn't like that it was different.

"the earlier i can leave riverdale, the better." you said.

"you were just going to leave me once we were done with high school?" he asked.

"i don't wanna talk about this right now." you said.

"no, we're talking about this right now." he said.

you sighed and started to walk away from him. reggie followed you.

"come back right now. you're not going anywhere." he said.

he grabbed your arm.

"just drop it reggie!" you said as you pulled away from him.

you walked through the exit as reggie stood in the middle of hall watching you leave.

×××

this is shit, i'm sorry.