First Encounter

Sting

"Why are we still here, Sting? We should be on our way back to the guild." My partner, Rogue, stated.

"Aw, come on, Rogue. Everyone needs a little break now and then, a couple drinks won't hurt. Besides, are you really in that big of a rush to get on a train again?" I smirked at Rogue, knowing that I'd get my way.

Rogue visibly shuddered. "You make a good point."

"Rogue doesn't want to be all pukey again." Frosch said, smiling like always.

"Can you blame him, Frosch? I've never seen anyone as bad as you two when it come to moving vehicles." Lector added.

"No need to rub it in, Lector."

I opened the door to a small pub near the edge of the city, only to have something launched at me. "What the-?!" I looked behind me to see an unconscious man slumped against the wall.

"What's going on?" Rogue asked. Wish I knew.

There was a large crowd of angry men surrounding two girls. One of the girls had brown cats ears and a tail, while the other was . . . gorgeous. With long, black hair, icy blue eyes, a slim figure and perfect curves, it was hard to take my eyes off of her. She looked to be around my age and just a couple of inches shorter than me, but I couldn't help but think that she reminded me of someone.

The fight was over fairly quickly, the two girls being able to deal with all of them as if they were nothing.

"Well that was easy." The ravenette spoke up, when all of the men were unconscious at her feet.

"What did you expect? They were just normal, drunken idiots. It's not like they were wizards or anything." The cat girl added. A puff of smoke surrounded her and she turned into an exceed, sitting on the bar next to the other girl.

"Wow!" I looked down to see Lector with hearts in his eyes as he stared at the female exceed. The exceed was fairly cute for a cat, but something told me that this cat was too feisty for Lector to handle. Good luck, buddy.

The girl tilted her head toward the ceiling slightly, sniffing the air, before turning to look in our direction.

Tears welled up in her eyes. "Ryos!" She tackled Rogue into a hug and they both fell to the ground.

"Well that's new." Usually, girls were throwing themselves at me.

"Kori, is that him?" Th cat girl asked, flying over to the two.

"Kori? . . .No way! Is that you?" Rogue asked, not bothered that this girl had just tackled him.

Strange, usually Rogue hated it when strangers cam near him, especially girl strangers. How come he was fine with this one?

"Do you remember me?"

"Of course! But what are you doing here? I thought you were dead?"

"Pfft! As if! It's gonna take a lot more then that to kill off your big sis!"

Huh?! Okay, now I'm really confused.

"Hey, Rogue. Who is this chick?"

He looked up at me, as if he had forgotten I was here. "Sting, this is my twin sister, Kori Cheney."

"What?!" Both of the exceeds shouted.

"How come this is the first time I'm hearing about this?"

He kept on looking at me like I was an idiot. "I thought she was dead."

I sweatdropped. "Yeah, I heard that part."

Th girl, Kori, got off of Rogue and pulled him up. "You still haven't told me what you're doing here."

"Looking for you silly, why else would I be here?"

The female exceed sat on Kori's shoulder and coughed loudly, trying to get their attention.

"Oh, right! This is my exceed partner, Joy." Kori introduced.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Ryos. We've been looking for you for a long time."

Following the cat's example, I coughed loudly behind Rogue. "This is my partner, Sting Eucliffe, and our exceed partners, Frosch and Lector."

"You're pretty." Frosch told her.

Kori giggled and picked Frosch up. "And you're adorable."

She looked over Frosch's head and looked at me, before sticking her hand out. "My name's Kori Cheney. It's nice to meet you."