Trial by Combat

"We're back everyone!" Lector yelled upon entering the guild hall.

"We're home." Why is Frosch so adorable?

The guild hall was just as large on the inside as it was on the outside. To the right, there was a bar, which looked to serve both drinks and food, which will come in handy, since neither Joy nor I can cook properly. There was a large section of the right-side of the hall filled with tables and benches where many of the other guild members where sat, either eating or just generally chatting. To the left, there was a set of stairs that led to a balcony over-looking the rest of the hall and what I assumed to be the second floor. I wonder what's up there?

"Hey Yukino, do you know where the master is?" Sting asked a guild member. 

She was super cute, with big, doll-like, blue eyes and bob-length white hair. She wore a short white dress with matching thigh-high boots and a long cape. Before she could say anything, a loud voice boomed from the balcony.

"He's right here! Who have you dared to bring into our guild hall?!" This guy clearly doesn't know how to do anything other than shout, it was scary. Possessing the build of a giant and the face of an angry monster, I wanted to leave immediately. Everyone else had stopped and was now looking at the six of us.

"Master, this is Kori Cheney, my sister and a fellow dragon slayer. She wants to join the guild." Ryos explained.

The Master stood looking at me for a moment. I stared back at him, keeping my nerve. Yeah, he looks scary, but I've taken on bigger back on Mount Hakobe. If I want to join my brothers guild, I can't let him think I'm afraid of him. 

"A dragon slayer, hmm? She will have to prove her worth. Dobengal!" 

Sting and Ryos quickly picked up there exceeds, Ryos taking Joy off of my shoulder as well, and moved far away from where I was stood. "Good luck." Ryos mouthed to me, making me very nervous.

As everyone moved away, a mage came and stood in front of me. I was rather impressed by him, I'd never met a real ninja before. 

"Begin!" Begin? Begin what?

The ninja jumped into the air and threw what looked like rainbow coulored pellets at me. Wait, this guy wants me to fight here? In the guild hall? But that's no fair. I'll have to beat this guy without using my full strength, otherwise I'll end up making the entire building freeze over. And that's no good when I'm trying to make a good impression.

I quickly jumped backwards, easily dodging what turned out to be smoke bomb spells.The ninja then jumped through the smoke and tried to hit me, using his arm that had turned into some sort of rainbow laser. This guy was definitely fast, but I was able to dodge all of his attacks easily. 

Focusing my magic into my right hand, I felt large claws made of ice grow onto the ends of my fingers. "Ice Dragon's slash!" I slashed the guy across the chest, sending him flying into the wall on the opposite side of the large hall. When he hit the wall, his body created a large creator and his body collapsed onto the floor, unconscious. "Dammit. And I was trying so hard not to damage anything too." I whined, pouting. 

I looked around to see everyone staring at me shocked, well everyone except Joy and the Master. At this point, I was questioning if he knew how to make any other facial expression except from anger. "I grant her permission to join the guild." He grunted before disappearing back to the second floor. Is that it?

"That was so incredible! I can't believe you took down Dobengal in one hit! He's one of or guilds strongest, you know?" Yukino ran over to me, delighted. And just like that, the rest of the guild went back to what they were doing, as if the fight never happened. 

Suddenly, I felt a hand on top of my head, ruffling my hair and someone sat on my shoulder. "I knew you'd be able to pass his test." Ryos smiled at me.

I smiled back at him before looking over at a still unconscious Dobengal. "Erm? Shouldn't someone help him?" I asked.

"Nah, this sort of thing happens all the time." Sting answered.

"Oh, that reminds me." Yukino quickly ran behind the bar and came back holding what looked to be a large stamp. "Where do you two want your guild marks?"

I turned my body to the right, so that my left shoulder was facing her. "Shoulder please." I smiled, while Joy took her top off so that she could get her mark put on her back.

"Sting and I both have our guild marks on our left shoulders too." 

"Really? I didn't notice. That's just where I wanted to put it." I genuinely hadn't notice that they both had there guild marks on the same place.

Yukino quickly stamped us both and smiled. "Welcome to the guild."