Dragon Slayers

I had always thought that when I'd reunite with my brother it'd be sweet and special. I didn't, however, expect to be sat in a rowdy pub catching up on what we've missed with Ryos' plus one.

"So let me get this straight, you two are twins?" The blonde, whose name I learned was Sting, asked.

"Yep. I'm the older one, can't you tell?" I smiled and he sweat dropped. Finally finding Ryos has made my excitement sky-rocket. I'm a little bit hyper.

"Kori where have you been all these years?" Ryos asked.

"Searching for you silly."

"Unlike you, she knew that her twin wasn't dead." Joy stated, being her usual protective self. Sting's exceed partner, Lector, has taken an obvious liking to Joy and was now sat side-by-side with her. I'm not too sure Joy was happy about that.

"What did you do after the fire?" Ryos asked, his expression darker then earlier.

"Huh, what fire?" Sting asked, but I chose to ignore him while I thought about his question for a moment.

"Yeah, about that, I somehow managed to wander onto Mount Hakobe." I smiled sheepishly while scratching the back of my neck. The village where we lived was miles and miles away from Mount Hakobe, even I don't know how I ended up there.

Ryos sweat dropped. "How did you even manage that?"

"No clue." I shrugged.

"So, where do you live?" Sting asked.

Joy and I looked at each other. "Hah, well, we don't actually live anywhere specifically."

"What?!" They shouted.

"Does that mean you've been sleeping on the streets all this time?!" Ryos stared at me as if I was the most stupid person on the planet.

"Of course not. We've been living in the forests."

Sting face palmed. "I'm not sure which one's worse."

Ryos paused for a moment, staring at the table intensely, before looking at me. "Kori, do you want to join our guild?"

I couldn't be certain, but I'm fairly sure my eyes were sparkling. "No way! Like a real wizard guild?!"

"Rogue, are you serious? We don't even know if this chick knows any magic yet, and you want to bring her to the guild."

"She's my sister." Ryos growled at the blonde while I just stared at them confused.

"But I'm a wizard, of course I know magic."

The both looked at me before Ryos smirked in triumph and Sting rolled his eyes at him. "Whatever. What magic do you use?"

"I'm a dragon slayer."

They both just stopped and stared at me with wide eyes.

I turned to the exceeds, who were having their own little conversation before hand. "What's wrong with them?"

"They're just in shock. Rogue and Sting are both dragon slayers too. In fact, they're 3rd generation dragon slayers." Lector told me.

"Seriously?! We're all dragon slayers?!"

"If you're a dragon slayer as well, then yeah."

I couldn't help the big smile on my face. "That's so cool! But what does 3rd generation mean?"

"Well, 1st gen. dragon slayers are raised by dragons. 2nd gen. dragon slayers have dragon slayer lacrima implanted inside of them. But 3rd gen. dragon slayers were raised by dragons and have dragon slayer lacrima inside of them as well."

I suddenly remember this object Juniper gave me when I was little, she said it would make me stronger so I could protect myself. "Hey, Lector. Do those dragon slayer lacrima things you were talking about look like a circular crystal?"

"From what I've been told, I think so."

"Then that might mean I'm a 3rd gen. dragon slayer too!"

"You must be really strong, Kori." Little, adorable Frosch told me with a big smile.

"Of course she is." Joy laughed. "In fact, I bet she could beat both of those idiots over there." She pointed at the two boys, who have now snapped out of it and were whispering between themselves.

"Joy! I can't beat up my brother . . . I could probably beat the blonde though."

"Ha! Yeah, right! You wish you were half as strong as Sting!" Lector stated with a smug grin on his face.

"Oh? So are you saying that Kori's weak?" Joy asked, glaring at the tom cat.

Both exceeds began to glare at each other with me and Frosch sweat dropping behind them. "I'm just saying actual facts. There's no way Sting would ever lose to someone like her."

Before Joy could retort back, Sting cut them off. "Knock it off, Lector. We're going now."

"Huh? We're leaving already?"

I watched them confused, as Ryos picked up Frosch, who had somehow worked his way onto my lap. He reached his hand out for me. "You coming, Sis?"

Sis, he actually called me Sis! Yay! "Sure." I said in a sort of haze and grabbed his hand, so happy that he called me Sis, I forgot to ask where we were going, I forgot to care.

Joy, who had flew onto my shoulder, had to punch me on the cheek to snap me out of it. For someone with such small fists, she can sure pack a punch.

"Oh yeah, where are we going?"

Ryos turned to look at me with a small smile, still holding my hand. "We're going back home to the guild."