Living Nightmares

"So if you two are dragon slayers, then you must of been raised by dragons. What were they like? Are they still around?" I asked.

"No." Sting scoffed. What's his deal?

"Aw, that's so sad. What were your dragons names?"

"Skiadrum, he was a shadow dragon." Ryos answered, walking right next to me with a small smile on his face. My baby brother's so cute.

"Does that mean you know shadow dragon slaying magic?"

"Yeah. Sting's dragon was called Weisslogia. He was a white dragon."

My eyes started to sparkle again. "Ooh, I've seen white magic before, it's so pretty." I could be wrong, but I think that caught Sting's attention.

"What about you, what was your dragon like Kori?"

"Oh, her name was Juniper. She was so pretty. She was an ice dragon."

"So does that mean you're an ice dragon slayer, Kori?" Frosch asked me from his place in Ryos's arms.

I smirked and placed my hands together, when I brought them apart a small crystallized snow flake rested on my palm. I gave it to Frosch and he immediately started playing around with it, smiling his little head off.

"That was cool, I guess," Lector kind of complimented me. "Sting's magic is way cooler though."

I decided to ignore the small tom cat. I looked up and saw that we had arrived at a building that seemed strangely familiar, but it was hard to make out in the dark night. "So, where is the guild?"

"It's not to far away. We'll only have to take a small train ride to get there." I stopped dead in my tracks. That's why the building seemed familiar, it was the train station, that for some strange reason was open 24/7. Ryos noticed and turned to look at me, slightly concerned. "Kori, what's wrong?"

I sheepishly scratched the back of my neck and tried to find a way out of this situation. "Ha, you know what, I just had a great idea. Why don't you guys get the train and me and Joy will meet you there. We prefer to walk anyway."

"Don't be stupid." Sting told me, making me pout.

"Kori, you don't get motion sickness, do you?" Ryos asked me.

"Well-"

"She gets the worst motion sickness I've ever seen." Joy interrupted me, making me sound totally pathetic in front of my baby brother.

"Joy!"

"No way! It's the exact same with Sting and Rogue. They get so weak they can't even move." Lector explained.

"I guess Kori really is a dragon slayer." Frosch chirped.

"Look, if we could walk back, we would. But it would take us 3 days to walk back to the guild and we don't have that sort of time to waste. If we take the train now, we'll be there by early morning, so let's go." Sting said, clearly getting impatient.

"I don't want to." Both of the boys sweat dropped.

Joy sighed, jumped off my shoulder and turned into her human form. "Stop acting like a child, Kori. Sting's right and you know it, so let's go." Joy grabbed my hand and started dragging me into the train station.

"I said, I'm not going." I quickly shook Joy's hand off and tried to run away, only to be tackled and dragged by my feet. "You can't do this Joy!"

"Watch me."

Sting and Ryos hesitantly followed us as I gave up and let Joy drag me.

"Kori looks funny!" Frosch exclaimed, clearly amused by my sulking face.

"Does she ever act her age?" Sting asked Joy.

"No."

"I do!"

"Do not."

"Do!"

"You're not even acting your own age now."