[ eleven: "and that folks, is how their love was rekindled!" ]

IT WAS LATE AT NIGHT when Dylan ended the call with Erik Karlsson, the ten men all gathered around to hear the conversation. "Well, it could be worse," John pointed out, standing up from his spot on the love seat.

Alex let out a breath with his arms crossed over his chest, "it could be better too."

"Guys," Andre budged in, putting an end to the argument that would've started. "He said he would help."

Jonathan rolled his eyes from his spot beside Carey, "yeah the best he could from home."

Sidney shrugged, speaking for the first time, "it's better than not helping at all."

Geno scrunched up his nose, turning his attention from the T.V. that was playing lowly. "What he do to help? He so far away."

"Well Geno, he can show his support for us, saying he agrees with what we're trying to accomplish." Andrew pointed out, spinning around in the desk chair.

Tyler and Jamie nodded in unison, "exactly, that'll help a lot."

"Okay, but what're we gonna do so people know about this? Posting Instagram pictures and tweeting things, aren't really working for us."Dylan pointed out, clearly frustrated and wanting to just go to bed.

Silence hung in the air, no one having an answer. The only sound throughout the house was the T.V. playing an old episode of FRIENDS. "Oh! Oh! I got it!" Tyler exclaimed, snapping his fingers as he pieced his idea together.

"Well what is it?!" Jamie bursted after a minute of Tyler trying to form the words.

"W-Whats that kids name? Uh-"

"Mcdavid?"

"Eichel?"

"Matthews?"

Tyler was zoned out, the name on his tongue, waiting to be said. As everyone screamed out names, he stared blankly at the wall. "Parayko!" He exclaimed finally, jumping up from the couch.

"Parayko?" Everyone asked in unison, dumbfounded.

"Yeah! Colton Parayko! He has his business degree, does he not?" Everyone went to protest, but then clamped their mouths shut. Tyler was right. "He would be useful, no?" Tyler added, looking around hopeful.

"He would," Alex agreed.

"Where do we get his number though?" Sidney asked, not fully sold with the idea.

"Do we really go to him? He's just a young kid, new to the league." Andrew pointed out, his eyes wandering around the living room as he concentrated.

Jamie shrugged from beside Tyler, "it wouldn't hurt."

"We need to show everyone that it's not just us older guys, the younger ones want to go too." Carey agreed, speaking up for the first time.

Jonathan nodded, "yeah, plus Seg's right, he went back to school for business."

"That means he'd know how to persuade people, he could really help us, " Tavares nodded, his arms crossed over his chest as he leaned against the couch.

Sidney sighed, "so that brings me back to my question, how do we get to him? How do we get his number?"

Dylan looked at the ground shyly, biting her lip reluctantly. "I-I have it."

Everyone's attention snapped to Dylan, their eyebrows furrowed and eyes narrowed into slits. This brought Dylan to drop her gaze to the ground. "Why and how you get his number, missy?" Evgeni looked at Dylan with a raised brow.

The young girl sighed, "I went to St. Louis for a camp last year. We had talked over Instagram for a little bit, so we met up there," she didn't look up from the ground, too shy to meet the hockey players gazes.

"Ou, Parayko got some," Andre chuckled from his spot beside the girl.

Dylan's head whipped up, her mouth open, ready to protest. But she couldn't, "I mean we just went out for coffee... and then dinner, then we just kinda hung out..." She mumbled.

Alex nodded his head slightly, pursing his lips, "yeah, he so got some."

Dylan made a pouty face as she played with her fingers uncomfortably. "Hey," Sidney wrapped his arm around her shoulders, "-It's okay."

Dylan nodded her head slowly, still not happy to have to admit to meeting up with a hockey player. "I mean, if it helps, we were in a relationship- it was just a summer thing though."

Carey nodded, "that makes sense. You can't live so far away from each other and have a relationship."

"I mean distance makes the heart grow fonder," Jonathan said sweetly, fluttering his eyelids, his hands cupped together.

"Alright, we need to focus boys," John interrupted, the conversation about Dylan's love life dying down.

"Okay, yeah I think we should call him," Alex nodded.

Andrew spun around once more in his chair, his hands rubbing together as if he was plotting something. "You guys end okay?"

Dylan nodded, blushing profusely, "yeah."

Tyler smiled leaning forward to grab Dylan's phone off the living room table. "Alright, Dylan give 'em a call."

As Dylan reluctantly found Colton's number, Jonathan grinned, bubbling with anticipation. "And that folks, is how their love was rekindled."

[authors note]
i didnt originally plan to have colton
in this but i just couldnt resist the temptation