🎇 Sixth Contest 🎇

Hey all, and welcome back to another contest!

I know many people do Christmas themed contests, but the new year is right around the corner. So, that is why this contest will be NEW YEAR THEMED! 

Essentially, things you do to celebrate the new year. For example, fireworks, food etc. 

To spice things up a little, you MUST choose a country as your over-arching theme.
e.g. China -- The Chinese New Year follows the Lunar calendar, with red and gold being the traditional colours. But what else do they do on this day?
Japan -- The Japanese often celebrate by going to a shrine with friends and family to pray for a great year ahead. What else do they do there?

Maybe chose your country if you are uncertain about others; what do YOU do to celebrate the new year?

If you are still confused, in other words, this contest is to draw what a new year scene looks like in a specified country. And if you have any more questions, feel free to pm or comment!

Bonus points for this round is if there is some delicious food in the scene :3

✦✦ ♕ ✦✦

Your art piece will be judged on these things:

- Composition (Detail and effort in background, placement of characters)/10
- Anatomy (Is your character in bodily proportion?)/10
- Creativity (How far can you match and take this theme?)/10
- Neatness (Lineart, colouring, effort spent)/10
- And the bonus points for this round!/2

And be given a mark out of forty-two.

✦✦ ♕ ✦✦

If you are interested in this theme, please comment "Countdown start!" and make sure to comment "New Year time!" when you have completed your art piece. 

Make sure to tag me in the chapter you have posted your artwork (for mobile users, you must be following me) and if I have not commented on your artwork within two days, please send me an inbox.

It is important that you comment in this chapter when you have finished your entry as tags do not show up in notifications on desktop. It is your own responsibility to comment this when you are done since I will be going through the comments at the end to make sure I haven't missed anyone. I cannot answer to any entries that have been missed because you have forgotten to do so, and I'd definitely hate to miss a wonderful artwork!

Both digital and traditional drawings will be accepted and make sure to put your username on your artwork!

The prizes are listed on 'Before You Begin' and make sure to read the rules before you begin!

Don't forget to have fun, all!

Deadline: 13th January, 11:59pm AEST