⛄️ Seventh Contest 🎨

Hi all, welcome back to my Kingdom of Art! 

If you've read the last chapter carefully, you'd know that this contest is going to have some changes! So please read this chapter thoroughly, and carefully so you are not confused! 

So unfortunately, since I always receive many wonderful digital entries for my contests, and digital art tends to be more versatile than traditional, I've realised that digital artists dominate the winning leaderboard. Devices for digital art such as tablets or ipads also cost money, and I feel very bad that I've unintentionally discriminated between artists. 

I apologise to you traditional artists profusely, since I haven't figured out a way of making this more fair to both digital and traditional artists... until now. :>

(Just a disclaimer, this is kind of a 'test round' since I'm not sure how it'll go, but if you don't try, you'll never succeed, huh?)

Alright, so essentially in each contest, there will be two divisions; one for digital and one for traditional art, so both get an even playing field! You will be allowed a maximum of TWO entries into each contest--one for EACH division.  This just makes it so you aren't competing against yourself. So you can enter once into each division; one digital and one traditional, since the themes will be slightly different but under a similar idea. 

Does this make sense? 

So since the contestant pool will be split in two, I will probably just do Gold, Silver and Bronze Crowns for each, which is 6 possible places in total! That will also hopefully bring more diversity into my contests :> 

Still following along?

Now for the themes!

Division One: Digital

Your task is to personify a chosen season! That is, what will Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter look like as a person?

You will be judged as normal, but with a bigger focus on composition. Bonus points for this division are if you can add a themed accessory onto their design! For example, a fall leaf hairpin for Autumn. 

✦✦ ♕ ✦✦

Your art piece will be judged on these things:

- Composition (Detail and effort in background, placement of characters)/15
- Anatomy (Is your character in bodily proportion?)/10
- Creativity (How far can you match and take this theme?)/10
- Neatness (Lineart, colouring, effort spent)/10
- And the bonus points for this round!/2

And be given a mark out of forty-seven.

✦✦ ♕ ✦✦

Divison Two: Traditional

Your task is to personify a chosen colour! That is, what will, say, yellow for example look like as a human? 

You will be judged as normal, but with a bigger focus on creativity. Bonus points for this division is if you can keep it monochromatic as possible! That is, only sticking to different shades of yellow, for example. 

✦✦ ♕ ✦✦

Your art piece will be judged on these things:

- Composition (Detail and effort in background, placement of characters)/10
- Anatomy (Is your character in bodily proportion?)/10
- Creativity (How far can you match and take this theme?)/15
- Neatness (Lineart, colouring, effort spent)/10
- And the bonus points for this round!/2

And be given a mark out of forty-seven.

✦✦ ♕ ✦✦

If you are interested in this contest, please comment which division you are entering and make sure to comment "Personification complete!" when you have completed your art piece.   

Make sure to tag me in the chapter you have posted your artwork (for mobile users, you must be following me) and if I have not commented on your artwork within two days, please send me an inbox.

It is important that you comment in this chapter when you have finished your entry as tags do not show up in notifications on desktop. It is your own responsibility to comment this when you are done since I will be going through the comments at the end to make sure I haven't missed anyone. I cannot answer to any entries that have been missed because you have forgotten to do so, and I'd definitely hate to miss a wonderful artwork!

Both digital and traditional drawings will be accepted and make sure to put your username on your artwork!

The prizes are listed on 'Before You Begin' and make sure to read the rules before you begin!

Don't forget to have fun, all!

Deadline: 16th February, 11:59pm AEST