Mugman x Sad! Reader x Cuphead part 1

(The person who private messaged me wished to remain anonymous so lol)

I sat on the bench looking down at the grass that stuck up proud and full of a bright green color. The sun hid behind the clouds peaking out again when they passed, only to be covered by more fluffy clouds. It was fairly warm outside, not too hot, thank goodness. I watched as a few of the citizens jogged passed with smiles on their faces, looking as relaxed and happy as I ever would. I often find myself sitting at this lonely bench. A tree was next to it as it's leaves provided shade over the oak bench. I closed my eyes feeling a cool breeze flow through my hair.

A noise of laughter shot open my eyes. Two cup looking boys were standing in the open having a conversation. One has big determined eyes with a small red nose that reminded me of a berry. His straw was colored with red and white stripes with the red matching his shorts. His hands had white gloves on them. The other cup almost had the same features besides that his straw was straight with blue and white, his nose was bigger and blue, his eyes had some sort of soft and kindness in them, and his shorts were as blue as an ocean.

They both looked kinda cute... but I highly doubt a boy like them would ever find me attractive in anyway. I caught myself staring at him until the blue cup's attention turned over to me and whispered something to the red cup. "Damn! Did he see me staring? Ugh... he probably thinks I'm some creep or something." I thought to myself. My heart raced as I saw the both of them walk over to me with smiles on their faces. I sat straight up as they both were drawing nearer and nearer until they stopped in front of me.

"Hello! Nice day huh?" The red cup greeted. His voice was playful and enthusiastic. I nodded and tried my best to smile at the two.

"The name's Cuphead! And this is my brother, Mugman!"

The blue cup by the name of Mugman waved slightly followed with a shy hello. His voice sounded calming and soft as silk. They both were extremely adorable up close. I felt my cheeks burn. "I-It's very nice to meet you both. My name is (Y/n)." I introduced with a quiet voice followed with another forced smile.

Cuphead held out his hand to shake as I slowly reached out for it and shook. "What a lovely name! Suits you well! Doesn't it Mugs?" Cuphead turned to his brother as a faint blue tint can be seen across his face. The blue really went well with his adorable face.

He nodded and smiled shyly. "Y-Yeah! It really does suit her!"

I held my hand out to shake his. Mugman looked at my hand and grasped it. His blue tint darkened at the contact. Cuphead looked at his brother a little confused. "Hey Mugs? Are you okay? Your acting a little different all of a sudden."

Mugman quickly snapped back at Cuphead shaking his head. "What? I'm not acting different! Everything is okay."

Cuphead didn't seem like he believed it fully, but nodded at his shy brother.

"I thought you two were brothers. You both almost look similar besides the color difference." I chuckled trying to start a conversation.

"So that's why you were staring at us, huh? Or were you just checking us out?" Teased Cuphead as he laughed slightly.

My face flushed as my smile turned into a frown. "N-No! s-sorry about that... Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. If it would be better, I can leave if I'm bothering-"

"No!" Mugman blurted out, making me jump a little at his sudden action. "I-I mean... no don't leave. You didn't make us feel uncomfortable." Mugman averted his eyes at his brother making a short glare and quickly noticed my reflex and started to have a worried look on his face. He felt as if something was wrong, but didn't want to assume anything.

Cuphead sat down next to me on the bench with Mugs doing the same. "What are you doing sitting here alone? If you mind me asking."

I frowned again and rubbed the back of my head. "Well... I mean... I don't have anything better to do." I felt bad for lying. I was here since one, I don't really any any friends, and two, since my parents had issues earlier, my father (or mot

"How would you like to come hang out with me and Mugs then?" He made a toothy grin. I was surprised honestly. I haven't really had people ask me to hang out with them. It felt weird, but it somewhat made me a little happy.

Mugman nodded at his brother as he smiled. "Yeah, (Y/n)! It would be nice if you could come with us!"

My (e/c) irises averted to Mugman. Even after me staring, he would like me to come with him? There goes my cheeks again, feeling hot and my chest feeling light. How could I be acting like this already?? I just met this guy! Without thinking, I nodded and agreed to hang out with the two boys. Both Cuphead and Mugman made toothy smiles as they hopped off the bench. The three of us continued on down the pathway onto a carnival. The sound of children laughing was followed by a scent of popcorn and candy in the air. I haven't been to the carnival here before, which gave a slight nervousness in the pit of my stomach. Cuphead was basically jogging ahead of us with his eyes filled with adventure and excitement. It was almost hard to keep up with him for me and Mugman were falling behind.

"Cuphead! Wait up!" Mugs called out to his brother. He stopped dead in his tracks and turned around to face the two of us panting.

"Come on! Keep up ya slow pokes!" Cuphead grabbed my hand and started to dash off again, before Mugman could be left behind, he grabbed my free hand as the both of us were basically being dragged by Cuphead. These two are surly peculiar in their own way.

(This request is now finished lol I already have been making a full book about this, except it happens a lot differently than this XD if ya wanna check it out, it's on mah page anD O MY GOD DO WE SERIOUSLY HAVE 105 READS?? I Only had this story up for one day XD thanks guys! It really means a lot to me! :,) )