17

"I will be leaving this place."

Silence.

"It hasn't been a year."

"Thanks for repeating things we already knew, Junko."

"Nee Hajime don't be so mean~"

"Why are you leaving Nagito?"

Chiaki's sweet voice broke the tension between us.

"I entered this school only for one reason. I made a bet with a few people. They said if I lasted halve a year in this school they would get me something precious."

No response.

Nagito chuckled which broke the silence.

"I'm a boy."

"That's not surprising."

They all looked at Junko.

"What?" She raised her shoulders and rolled her eyes. "I was planning to reveal you at prom."

Mahiru stared angrily at her. "Maybe he was a transgender."

"No he isn't. He just revealed it right? You aren't a transgender, riiight?"

Nagito shook his head.

"See."

Nagito sat on his chair again. "So now you know the truth."

Aoi smiled softly. "It wasn't really shocking to be honest. It was easy to see that you weren't a girl. I thought the same as Mahiru."

Junko snickered. "Yeah you are either really stupid or blind if you don't see it."

Out of nowhere Hajime had a slight blush on his cheeks.

"So now you're leaving?" Chiaki asked.

Nagito nodded. "I'm going back to my own school and other group of friends."

"Shall we have a goodbye party then?" Junko asked. Her head was resting on her hands.

"No, don't mind it. I really liked my stay here, thank you guys. Sorry it's going to be like this."

"Don't mind. We enjoyed your present very much." Aoi smiled and placed her hand on Nagito's.

"We're gonna miss you very much."

Akane coughed, which got everyone's attention.

"I was part of Nagito's plan. I have talked about this with him and we both decided I will stay here."

Nagito nodded.

"Allright!" Aoi now placed her hand on Akane's, who was sitting next to Nagito.

"So tonight I will pack my bags and tomorrow morning before first period starts I will take my leave."

The group nodded at him.

He stood up and shove his chair back under the table again.

"Thanks everyone. Goodbye and goodnight."

He quickly wiped his eyes dry with his sleeve and walked to his bedroom.

Hajime followed quickly after him.

He knocked a few times on his door before entering. Nagito had already packed his backs.

"You were already done weren't you?" He said as he closed the door behind him.

"Yea..."

Knees crossed he sat on the bed, staring out of his window. Hajime stood before him and softly touched his chin and made him look up.

"We will still see each other though?" Hajime asked.

Nagito stared deeply into Hajime's eyes.

"Of course." He said. That's when lips touched each other.

___________

"My moms the principal."

"That's why you're the only legal boy on this school?"

Hajime rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, not a really cool story huh."

Nagito chuckled. "Nah not really. I expected this whole cool story that you were an alien and you're secretly a girl with a boys face." He said sarcastic.

"Idiot."

Nagito kissed his cheek.

"You like this idiot."

After camp