Chapter Twenty-Five Remix: Do Your Worst.

Betty's (Benjamin's girlfriend) P.O.V.:

I unlocked my window and slid it opened, stepping back and cocking my eyebrow at the boy who look far more tired and stressed out then a seventeen year old should be.

"Your dad or your brother?" I asked.

"Both," he grumbled, trying to jump down from the windowsill gracefully but managing to trip on his feet and land flat on his back.

"Comfortable down there, Benjamin Bradley Benji Black?" I asked, trying not laugh at how cute his irritated expression was.

"You know, if you didn't look so pretty from this angle, you would already have joined me down here," he grumbled, rolling over and getting to his feet, he ran his hands through his messy dark brown hair. "How was your evening?"

"The same. Mom gave up trying to teach me anything about cooking or baking or anything kitchen related. What did your dad and brother do this time?"

Benjamin sat on my bed and leaned back, patting the empty spot next to him for me to join. I didn't need a second invitation to be curled up by his side. My parent's may be flaky and never around, but Ben was always there, my anchor and safe place, the one person I knew I could go to and be safe.

"Coal's not even taking his probation seriously and Red forced me to give him a twenty-four-hour power disabler. And my dad gave me the 'It's Black Tradition to be a villain!' And I was like, 'It takes more guts to be a hero than it is to be a pushover and be what everyone expects you to be, so you tell me who the real coward is.'"

"You actually told him that?" I asked. Sitting up suddenly and staring down at him in awe.

He opened his mouth to say something, but then his breath left in a rush and he drew his lips into a thin line. He closed one eye and bit the corner of his lip. "Would you still love me if I said no?"

I huffed loudly and fell back on his arm. "Benjamin! I thought I was teaching you to be strong and bold."

"Hey! It was an improvement, wasn't it?" he asked, scooting so he could lay on his side and look at me better. "Where would I be without you, Betty?"

"Lonely, at home moping and probably a villain," I said, counting it off on my fingers, but then shaking my head and giving him a look. "You'd be exactly where you are now."

A smile spread across his face and he leaned forward and kissed my forehead. "Okay, so why are you still up? It's almost midnight."

I raised an eyebrow. "Asks the boy who comes knocking at my window at said hour."

He sighed loudly. "I hate when you turn the question around. It's just this mess with City Sweeper and my brother. Why are you still up?"

I looked away and wrung my fingers together. "So... Uh..."

Ben propped himself up on his elbow and frowned. "You don't want to say? You don't have to tell me."

"It's not that..." I mumbled, glancing over at the covered wall and wondering what he would say.

"Scared to tell me?"

"A little..."

He fell back next to me and shrugged. "When you're ready."