CHAPTER 4

I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry this took me so long to finally write. I managed to push through my writer's block I think, so I'm sorry if this chapter is shitty. 

Um, sad feels warning.

Again, I'm sorry.

I love you all so much and thank you for those who have stuck with me in this wait. :*

xx-Mystery-xx

---------------------------

-Third Person's Point of View-

Everyone waits to hear what Dr. Harris has to say. Louis looked at Harry and noticed him just blanked out as he stared towards the window, just waiting to hear what is so wrong with him.

Dr. Harris sighs, not wanting to tell the young lad, but she had to, it was her job after all. She began by saying, "Mr. Styles, we understand that you yourself do not smoke and none of your biological family has had it, so don't blame yourself. But, in your lungs we've found a malignant tumor."

The four lads in the room just remained silent, taking in the news.

"What kind of cancer?" Louis finally said, voice barely audible.

"Harry is currently in stage two of non-small cell lung cancer," Dr. Harris said. "Right now the cancer is treatable."

Lottie asked, "Wait, so how is it possible that he got it then?"

Dr. Harris shrugged her shoulders lightly before replying, "Secondhand-smoking, chemicals, air pollution. There are so many carcinogens that can develop cancerous cells in a body that it's nearly impossible to pinpoint the blame to one specific one."

The news settled thickly over the room, causing a feeling of uneasiness.

"Uh," Liam spoke up to ask something but nothing came out.

Louis said nothing but turned and looked at Harry, who had fear and sadness in his tear-welled up eyes. Louis kissed his cheek in sympathy and then rested his forehead against the front of his shoulder.

"Am I going to die?" Harry asked suddenly. Dr. Harris looked at him sadly.

"As of now, no, not right away. If we treat it as quick a medically possible, we can increase your chances of survival," Dr. Harris explained. "If we all make sure you stay as healthy as you can, you can overcome this. Just as soon as we get you into remission, everything should be good."

"Is stage two good or bad?" Liam asked.

Dr. Harris sighed and said, "It's neither really. Stage two is kind of the between stage of really easy to treat and really difficult to treat. Since we've caught it now, it should be relevantly easy to treat."

After a moment, Niall spoke up, "Cancer isn't curable?"

Dr. Harris shook her head no, explaining, "Cancer isn't curable but it's treatable to the point where it may never return again. That's the goal oncologists, like myself, set when treating cancer patients."

"When would he be able to begin treatments?" Gemma piped up.

"Uhm, right now I want to perform a surgery to remove the tumor. Depending on how much the cancer has spread into his body beyond that will determine what else other treatments we'll try," Dr. Harris replied.

"When would that be?" George asked.

"Right now the surgeon is packed full of appointments and since this isn't an emergency, we can't make an exception for Mr. Styles," Dr. Harris said, looking at an iPad she had set off to the side earlier. "The earliest appointment isn't for another two weeks. Today is the tenth, and the next opening is on the twenty-fourth at three p.m."