February 22, 1944

February 22th, 1944

Dear Bucky,

Haha. Very funny, Bucky. No it was not a date. I even told you, it was a whole group of us. Including Jack! You can go ahead and ask him. I dare you. He'll tell you the same thing. And even if it was (which it wasn't) Gordon is a perfect gentleman. Besides, everyone knows I have three older brothers, you knucklehead. And I can look after myself, you know. Plus, all the boys are afraid of you and Danny. And not just because you're bonified soldiers, now. And just imagine how nervous they'd get if they found out that Captain America was as good as my brother as well! I'd never go on a date! And before you say it, I am not waiting to go on a date until I'm thirty, Bucky! That would just be cruel, and you're supposed to be my favorite brother, remember?

But what about you? You can't tell me you haven't gone out for a little bit of dancing. You were talking about a pub, after all. There had to have been some pretty girls there. No one you fancy? No special ladies for you there? Any potential new sisters for me and Abigail? Valentine's Day has passed. Any special valentines?

What about Steve? Now that he's not so puny, has he finally found a girl? I know he always had trouble with that. Don't think I haven't forgotten that you had me be his 'date' at Lizzy Wilkes' wedding when he refused to let you wrangle up a girl for him.

I hope you're not exaggerating. I'm going to be very cross if you all aren't home for Christmas, now. But it is sounding encouraging here at home too. Even the papers are saying the War should be won in time for the holidays.

Don't work too hard, though. You need to actually make it home once you win the War, after all. And it does help a bit, Bucky. You can't stay out of the fighting all the time, can you? That would really stop me worrying, you know.

And in case I don't write again before then:

Happy Birthday, big brother. I hope your wish is that you're home for it next year. I know mine will be, that you and Danny will both be home for my next birthday.

Love your favorite sister,

Beatrice

A/N: Thanks for Reading!

Don't forget to vote and comment! I'd love to hear if you enjoyed!