Chapter 09

'Shh..' he said to Larry while they hid in one of the bushes and grinned. 'This time I'll be the one to surprise her.'
He heard something and peered over the bush, seeing Chelsea stand a little further away. She was looking the other way.
Gary snuck from behind the bush and tiptoed towards her. Chelsea looked up at the sky, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. Gary chuckled inwardly at the surprise he'd give her this time.
Chelsea pricked up her ears, then moved towards the shadow of a tree. Gary stood still for a moment, unsure if she'd heard something, then continued towards the shadow.
When he looked she was no longer there. "Crap." he thought, moved toward the tree and peered in the shadow extending to more trees.
He saw no sign of her and straightened up. She must have gone elsewhere. He let out a sigh and turned around to get Larry when Chelsea's face popped up in front of him.
He cried out and fell back. 'Ouch.' he said as he rubbed his behind.
Chelsea sniggered as she looked down at him. 'You prey, not predator.' she said.
'Right.' he said while she helped him up. 'That has become very clear now.'
She grinned at him, then gave him a kiss. 'For effort.' she said, smiling softly.
He chuckled. 'I'd say it has been worth it then.' he said and smiled back at her.
She gave a nod towards an alley. 'Think I remember something now.'
'You do?' he said and followed her gaze. 'That's good. What is it?'
Larry had hurried up to them and Chelsea gave him a big hug. 'Maybe where I came from.' she said.
'Let's have a look then.' he said and they walked to the alley.
Chelsea led Gary and Larry along the alley and to the next street while searching and sniffing. 'Think I came from this street.' she said.
Gary looked up and down the street. 'It's not because it's the way to my apartment?' he asked.
She shook her head. 'No, feeling too strong.'
Gary hummed and Chelsea moved in one direction along the street, then turned around and went the other way. 'Think this way.'
They walked part of the street when Chelsea stopped and searched around again. 'Now I don't know.' she said and sighed.
Gary took her hand and gave her a soft squeeze. 'Don't fret.' he said. 'It's just the beginning. I'll bet it'll come back to you slowly.'
She smiled softly at him and nodded.
He looked up and pointed. 'That's the other side of my building, let's go home, I've got something to show you that might help.'
'Okay.' she said and they walked hand in hand back to Gary's apartment.

'I borrowed this camera from work.' said Gary as he showed it to her. 'With this I can record every movement and hopefully we can see what's happening in the morning. If you don't mind being filmed.'
Chelsea examined the camera and shook her head. 'Hope it shows who I am.'
'Worst case it doesn't and I'll erase its memory so no one will ever see it.' he said as he took the camera and placed it on the shelf.
Chelsea hummed in agreement, saw the open box of the camera and blinked as she saw its contents. 'Gary?' she asked. 'What's this?'
He turned back to see what she meant and nearly chocked when she held up a pair of fuzzy handcuffs.
'Oh! Ahh.. Ehmmm..' he stuttered.
She gave him a sly smile.
Gary cleared his throat. 'It was Tom who put them in the box when I was checking the contents.' he said. 'Said I might want to try them for the private movie I wanted to make.'
'Mhmm..' hummed Chelsea and sat back. 'Gary is bad sheep.' she said and let out a playful growl. 'Maybe more of predator than seems. Maybe needs to learn who's prey again.'
He groaned and looked up. 'Thanks, Tom.'
Chelsea sniggered and put the cuffs away.
'Let's just watch a movie.' Gary said. 'I bought salami for snacking.'

When they were tired enough to sleep Gary turned on the camera and returned to the couch. He settled back and Chelsea snuggled up to him with a devious smile on her face.
'What?' asked Gary, then looked at her in shock when he heard something lock around his wrist. 'Why this!?' he asked as he held up the arm which was cuffed to hers.
'Extra.' Chelsea said. 'Might wake you up or make me stay.'
'Ah.' Gary said and sighed. 'Okay then. If you're sure about this.'
She gave him a kiss and grinned. 'Sleep.'
He let out a chuckle. 'All right then.' he said and turned off the lamp next to the couch. 'Sleep tight Chelsea.'
She snuggled up closer to him. 'Sleep tight, Gary.' she whispered.