Something We're Not Fighting - Peter Hale

Prompt - y/n hasn't turned up for a meeting, Peter looks for her, but will he finally admit his feelings about her.
Pairing - Peter Hale x reader
Warnings - none, fluff and heated kissing
Story

It was the late night study session at the library and as normal you want the last one there. You didn't know what time it was when you finally finished your report for Mr Harris and began putting your stuff away.

You walked out of the library hearing a strange nose in the hallway. You quickened your pace hoping you was getting nervous about nothing.

Elsewhere an hour earlier

"has anyone seen y/n" Lydia asked as an emergency meeting had been call due to the arrival of berserker's, Everyone was at the loft but y/n.

Stiles tried to call her phone while Malia texted. After waiting ten minutes for a reply they didn't get, the pack started to worry. More so the calm level headed Peter hale.

Peter liked y/n, hell he loved her but never told anyone. Peter saw you as too good for him, the pack said it all the time over your friendship. They didn't understand how you could forgive and forget about the things Peter had done and treated him the same respect you gave everyone else. So with all this in mind Peter decided to just keep his feeling to himself.

When he heard y/n was missing, he struggled to hide his concern for the y/h/c girl. "what do you mean she's missing how do you lose a human" he said hoping his mean words hid his secret.

"she was at the library earlier" Malia said. "look at the time the is no way she's still there" Derek said back. Peter rolled his eyes he'd asked and asked you a million times not to study late at the library on your own. "maybe she's just on her way home sometimes she cuts though the woods" stiles told the group getting Peter more worked up.

Quickly a plan was made, Derek and stiles was going to look through the woods. Scott and Malia was going to her home, Lydia the hospital. Peter insisted he'd go the school to find her. The Pack all looked confused when Peter was the first to leave "what's wrong with him" stiles said but no one answered because honestly no one ever knew what was really going on in Peter's head. However Derek had his suspensions on Peter's feelings y/n.

Back at the high school

You saw the creature responsible for the noise you heard and was thankful it hadn't seen you the only problem was it was blocking your exit. You had to cover your mouth before you screamed aloud at the sight of it. it wore an animal skull on its head and looked about 7 foot tall, with bone armor. You went back towards the library thinking you could find a different way out, when you was to busy looking out for the monster you didn't see the trash bin behind you.

The creature looked at you and started to run down the hallway at you. Screaming you ran round the corner not sure what to do. you tried a classroom door but it was locked. the only thing left was the library but the was only one way in or out of it.

you looked behind you to see if it was any closer to you, when a pair of hands grabbed you dragning you backwards into a small room. You looked back to see peter at you, he held his hand over your mouth when you went to scream.

A wave of relieaf hit you when you looked into peter blue eyes, you had always loved peters eyes, his smirk and almost everything else about the former alpha. your heart was racing but now it wasnt just because if the moster lerking outside the safety of the tiny room but of how close peter was.

peters hand came away from your mouth holding onto your shoulder, "what was that" you whisper out. "something we're not fighting" he said pulling his phone out his pocket. The glow of his phone lit up the room, as he sent a text to the rest of the pack telling them he'd found you and about berserker roaming the school.