Chapter 7

Gwendolyn

"That was easy." I said to myself as I started my car.

"Here I come Chase!" I think to myself. But first I need groceries.

I turn on my radio, even though this would a short drive.

Mike Posner's voice immediatley fills the car and I find myself singing.

"If I could write you a song to make you fall in love, I would already have you up under my arm. I've used all my tricks. I hope that you like this but, you probably won't, you think you're cooler than me." I sang.

I have always been blessed with a beautiful voice, or so my Mother tells me.

She always tells me that I could've become a singer if I wanted to and I wouldn't have to sit in an office all day.

The only problems were that I hated being on camera and just the thought of being under a spotlight, in front of millions of people, scared me shitless.

"You got designer shades just to hide your face and you wear em around like you're cooler than me. You never say hey or remember my name and it's probably cause you think you're cooler than me." I knew this song by heart.

At the store I bought Chocolate, Mint Chocolate and Triple Fudge ice cream, pizza, Treats for Chase(and a new toy) and a new coffee cup.

I had left my old coffee cup behind in the copier room of Fisher and Finch, and had no intentions of going back.

When I finally went home Chase, who was still laying by the door, jumped up and wagged his tail excitedly.

I sat all of the grocery bags down in the kitchen and took off my jacket.

"We have a reason to be the fatasses we are tonight Chase." I said scratching his ears.

I made Chase and Myself some bacon and put my haiwaian themed pizza in the oven.

Evelyn had work tommorow so it was just me and Chase.

Chase started to bark at the front door and I looked through the peep hole.

"It's just the mailman Chase." I said and opened the door.

But not my usual mailman. The usual one usually came with treats for Chase, so Chase wouldn't have barked.

He wasn't barking anymore though he was growling and baring his teeth.

The guy raised his hands and stepped backward slightly giving me a chance to look him over.

He had forest green eyes and short, straight black hair.

"So where's Bernie?" I asked when he handed me my mail and kept a weary eye on Chase.

"Vacation." He answered.

"Well Mr..." I trailed off.

"My name's Francis." He filled in.

"Well Francis." I said and handed him the stack of mail back. "This isn't my mail."

"Oh." He said and reached into a bag that I hadn't noticed he was carrying.

After handing me the correct mail he walked off quickly down the sidewalk.

I closed the door.

Francis.

Chase followed me as I walked through the house. Past my bedroom. Past the bathroom. To the smallest bedroom in the house.

I opened the door to my studio and inhaled the scent of fresh paint.

I had kept this room a secret from everyone, except Chase.

I don't think I can draw that good. It just started with me doodling on my notebook covers in school. I never considered it anything more than a hobby. Just my little way of capturing images.

Chase sat obediently next to my stool as I seated myself and began working.

I pictured his face in my mind.

Francis.

As I painted though, I noticed that it became an entirely different person.

Instead of Francis's green eyes, my paintbrush formed the frame of the dark sunglasses he wore.

A suit took the place of the mail uniform, though the broad shoulders stayed in place.

I added details and mixed different shades of paint.

But no mattet what I did the painting always managed to form the unfamiliar features of Xavier Wells.

*****

Heyy
It's ya girl Leah!
Chapter of the day is out.
Leah💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋