Chapter 62

Video: When your friend picks you to read and they know you wasn't paying attention by Meechonmars.

Xavier

"Are you going to cry?"

"You're helping so much Francis." I sighed. "How about a nice big cup of shut the fuck up."

"I was just asking to cause you've been sitting here staring at that picture for four hours now." He walked across my office. "Your fire  is dying out. What happened to that fury that you had when all of this first started?"

"Francis I missed the birth of my children." I said.

"And they'll miss their entire lives if you keep neglecting the main problem." He circled my desk slowly. "They're still missing and the longer you wait, the farther away they and the chances of you ever even seeing them get slimmer."

"I will find them, Francis. Make no mistake." I stood up from my chair.

*****

Gwendolyn

Persephone managed to find some old timey baby carriages. Those ones that used way back when they didn't come with straps.

Yeah those.

When Miranda finally turned up four hours had passed.

"Miranda, you ok?" I asked.

She shook. "Would it be too much to ask for a hug?"

I wrapped my arms around her. "Of course not."

She sniffled. "You remind me of Natalia."

"Who's Natalia?" Serena asked.

She let go off me and I stripped the blanket off of Serena's bed.

"Natalia was my older sister. We came here together but she usually shielded me from all of it."

"What happened to her?" I asked, wrapping the blanket around Aliyah and placing her in one of the carriages.

"Some guy shot her because she was a double agent." She said blatantly. "Not long before you came here."

I took the blanket from my bed and swaddled Xander before putting him in a carriage. "What did you say to Marquis?"

"When?" She asked avoiding my eye.

"When you were arguing just now." I said. "I know you said something about his sister."

"It was nothing for you to worry about." Miranda said and the door slammed open.

Catalina and Macy stepped into the room. Their hair is a bright yellow today.

"You two look ridiculous." I said, shielding my babies from their beady, little eyes.

Catalina rolled her eyes and glared openly at Miranda.

"Marquis said that we have to be in the same van, so we can take turns with the babies." Macy said.

"Their not toys and if you don't wanna lose every single one of your fingers I suggest you don't test me." I folded my arms.