Chapter 2- Let's set you up

I wake up to a knock on my door. I let out a bit yawn and stretch. Why people feel the need to wake me up whenever they want, is beyond me. The person knocked again. "Yeah, I'm coming!" I answer the door to see Ben. "Hey, Ben. What's up?"

"I know you like to oversleep, so I thought I'd come and wake you up. Get ready and meet me in the courtyard in an hour. We're gonna give the new kids a tour."

"Oh right, I forgot." No I didn't. "Ok, I'll meet you in an hour. See you then." I closed the door and went into my bathroom. I got a shower and made sure to use my favorite shampoo. Don't judge, but I like to use Axe. I thought I'd use some from the Apollo bottle. I only use it for special occasions. I want to smell good since I'll be near Evie. Yeah, I'm such a tomboy.

Ok, what should I wear? Hmm, how about grey pants, white button up shirt, a grey jacket to go with it, and grey sneakers. Yeah, this should be good.

(Author's note: Image is above. Yes, I did use an outfit from Ellen DeGeneres. At the time, she was the only woman I could find wearing a suit.)

Ok, just gotta get my phone and I'll be off. Before I left I made sure to text mom and dad. I only said good morning, though. It's what I do every morning. Ok, now I can go.

***

"The final class we'll look at on the tour is chemistry. It's my favorite class! Mostly because one on my best friends are in the same class as me. The class itself is pretty cool." We peaked into the room. I smile with pride, so far, it seems like Evie and Carlos are liking Auradon. Though, it's gonna be a bit tricky to suck in Mal and Jay. I can already tell I just sealed the deal with Evie. She looks enchanted looking into the classroom. Mal looked disgusted, though.

She walked ahead from us. "I'm gonna go catch up with the boys, E."

"Ok, Mal. Be careful!" I looked at Evie with a smile. She caught me staring and I looked away. Her facial expression changed and she got defensive. "What?"

"Nothing"

"Why were you staring at me?"

"I like it when someone finds something they like. When their eyes light up, it brings me joy. You just had that moment, Evie."

"Oh.....ok." Evie walked in the direction Mal went.

Dang it! Yeah, real smooth, Brooke.

***

I walked up to Evie's room and knock on the door. Mal answers and I see Evie stand up from her bed. "Can I help you?"

"Um, I talked with Fairy God Mother, here." I hand Mal the two papers. "I brought your schedules. I do have classes with you, Evie, and the guys. The only difference from everyone else is all four of you have to have a sort of........special class."

Mal looked at her and Evie's schedules. "Ugh, goodness class, really?"

"Sorry, Mal. Fairy God Mother insisted. My parents agreed to it. I couldn't put any input into the discussion."

"Whatever, you can go now."

"Alright, I'll go. Bye, Mal. Bye, Evie."

Mal closed the door. Now I'm kind of annoyed. I was hoping I'd get to talk to Evie.

I walked down the corridor a was about to walk to the tourney field, but I heard someone jogging behind me. "Brooke, wait up!" I turn around to see Evie.

"Hey, Evie. Did you need something?"

"I just wanted to apologize, about Mal. She's just anxious and is a bit overprotective of me. We just don't trust people much. Mal, Jay, and Carlos are the only people I can fully trust. I know they have my back and I know they wouldn't betray me."

"It's fine, Evie. I just thought you could use another friend. I know I could. The only true friends I have are Lonnie and Jane."

"What about that guy that was hanging around you? Aren't you two dating?"

I laughed so hard at her comment, I had to clutch my stomach. "You seriously thought we were dating?" She nodded her head. "No, I don't like him in that way, or any guy in that way. I'm a lesbian."

"Really? Wow, that's amazing!"

"I never make a big deal out of it. I hate putting labels on others. I just want people to be themselves. That's why I made it legal to be gay, lesbian, trans, and the other stuff that goes along with it, legal."

"Well, that's amazing. Maybe we can be friends. I think it would be nice."

"Me too, Evie."