Chapter 8- Twin Power!

Brooke's POV
I woke up feeling well rested and relaxed. I looked at my clock and saw it's 10:00am. I reached over Evie and grabbed my phone. I need to get Evie and Mal to make up. What better way than to do that with my brother?

Brooke: Good morning, Bro Bro.

Bro Bro: Morning, Sis.

Brooke: Ok, so Evie and Mal had a fight. Evie spent the night with me to get away from Mal.

Bro Bro: Actually, Mal did the same thing.

Brooke: Good, then this will be easier. We need to get them together.

Bro Bro: So they can make up?

Brooke: Exactly

Bro Bro: Alright, let's meet up. Mal brought clothes so we'll be at the place first.

Brooke: Let's go to the enchanted lake. It's private and maybe if we're both there, they'll both see they have support.

Bro Bro: Sounds like a plan.

Brooke: I'm gonna bring Jay and Carlos too. For more support.

Bro Bro: 👍

Evie stirred and rolled over, wrapping her arms around me. I put my phone back and wrapped my arms around Evie. "Evie," I whispered. "Evie, wake up."

She burried her face into my chest. "Five more minutes." She mumbled.

"No, wake up. We got stuff to do." I thought of something and smirked. "If you don't wake up, you won't get a kiss for the the rest of the week. Not one single kiss."

She sighed and sat up. "You're evil, you know that?"

I kissed her cheek. "You love me."

******

I drove us to the enchanted lake. We walked the trail, she held my hand the whole time. "Why are we here again?"

"It's a surprise." She smiled as we approached the platform from our first date. It disappeared when she saw Mal. "I know you don't wanna see her, but you have to make up. You two are best friends."

Evie walked to Mal. Ben and I stood aside. We were both hoping this would work. Carlos and Jay came running and they stopped when they saw us. "Guys, what are you doing here?" Mal looked surprised.

I cleared my throat. "I asked for them. Extra support for you two and I thought they should know about this since they're your friends too."

"Yeah, we're always going to come for you." Carlos smiled.

The girls smiled and Mal took Evie's hands into her own. "E, I'm really sorry for what I said last night. I never meant to hurt your feelings. I feel so guilty. I've been beating myself up over this. I honestly didn't know you cared about Brooke this much. I'm scared of getting attached to people other than us four, you know this. I was worried you'd get heartbroken in the end."

"I understand you being overprotective, M. But you could've been more nice and supportive."

"I know, do you forgive me?"

"Yeah, I can't stay mad at you." They hugged it out and Ben and I high fived each other.

"That's the power of twins right here."

"Yup, I like when things work out." Ben and I had an arm around each other like a side hug. "Good job, Brooke. You really know how to bring people together."

"I always try my best, Ben."

******

"So, Brooke, are you excited for your coronation?" I was in Jane's room with her and Lonnie. We're just goofing off and talking.

"Excited is the wrong word. I'd say nervous. I mean, it's in the family and I'm in it. I'm nervous on what everyone will think. What will happen when I tell the whole world I'm a lesbian and that I'm dating Evie?"

"Don't worry about it, we'll back you up. And you have your family."

"Yeah, and I know everyone will love you. I know we do. My mom does too. And you'll have Ben beside you too."

"I know, but it's a big responsibility."

"Hey, at least you don't have to be perfect for your mother's image. I have to since my mom is the Fairy God Mother."

"My mom saved China. She only expects me to be happy and to be myself. I still strive to make her proud and impress her though."

After minutes of silence, I stood up. "Tomorrow is Family Day, so I'd better get some rest so I can help set up tomorrow. I hope it goes well."

Lonnie put her hand on my shoulder, supporting me. "It will be perfect, you'll see."

I nodded, believing my best friend. At that time, I didn't know how wrong she was.