Chapter 4- Realization

Evie's POV
Ugh, today has been difficult. First, my magic mirror got taken away, then then teacher made a scene about it. To make it worse, now that Chad is with Audrey, he's been treating me like a peasant. The only comfort I have to look forward to later is the date I have with Brooke.

Once I walked out of chemistry and grabbed my test, I went straight to lunch. I walked around, trying to find Doug so I can thank him for saving my behind. I found him and walked behind him. I put my test over so he can see it, while I stayed behind him. "For the first time, it's like I'm more than just a pretty face."

"A shocker, huh?" We agreed to get together to study, but Mal came over to us.

"There you are, I have been looking everywhere for you!"

"Why, what's wrong?"

"Ben just asked me out on........a date."

"I can handle this." I said goodbye to Doug, then I took Mal to our room.

"Mal, I'm going on a date too."

"Did Brooke ask you?"

"Yeah, and I said we'd have a double date with you and Ben."

"Come on, E!"

"Would you rather go on your own?"

"No...... I'd be too scared to."

"That's right, now try on this dress. I made it for you last night." She took it from me and changed in the bathroom. When she came back out, I smiled. "M, you look so good! Ok, now that you're dressed, I'll change too, and then I can do your makeup."

I changed into my dress. I made sure to put my blue leather jacket over it. After I did, I put her make up on. I just put a little bit of blush and lip gloss on her. We looked hot. Even Mal agreed.

I heard a knock on the door. "That must be them!" I walked over and answered the door. Ben had on a nice buttoned blue shirt, khakis, and an Auradon letterman jacket. Brooke blew me away. She wore a red buttoned shirt, black jeans, red converse, and a black leather biker jacket. She looked stunning. "Hey, guys!"

"Hey, Evie. You ready to go?" She handed me a helmet.

"Yup, let's go, Mal."

~Time Skip~
Ok, maybe I do like Brooke. It can't last, though. She's only doing this because of the potion. "Hey, Evie."

I looked at her. "Yeah, Brooke?"

"Do you wanna go for a swim with me?"

"Uh...no, that's ok. I'm good."

"Ok, I'll go with Ben." She stripped off her clothes. She had swimming trunks and a bikini top. It was hard to look away. I could tell Brooke works out. She had muscles and chiseled abs. Brooke chuckled as she caught me staring. She ran over to a huge boulder with Ben. They jumped off together.

Now that Mal and I are alone, we can really express how we feel.

(Author's Note: Just imagine that Evie and Brooke are there too. And that this is a duet between Mal and Evie. Music is above. If it won't load then look up "If Only.")

We looked around and couldn't see the siblings anywhere. "Ben?"

I started to panic. "Brooke?"

"Ben!"

"Brooke!"

We went into the water together to look for them.

Brooke's POV
I surfaced from the water. I can think clearly. Ben could too. "Dude, they put a spell on us."

"Yeah, I know."

"Well, what do we do? Should we reveal that we know?"

"No, don't. They obviously did this for a reason. They thought it couldn't happen on its own, so they used the spell."

"You idiot, that's only Mal's case. After you ate the cookie, I knew it was a love spell. Mal tried to keep me from eating it, but I wanted a push to ask Evie out. I think she likes me back, but I don't know."

"Come on, Brooke. Where's your confidence? Of course she does. I've seen the way you look at each other. Have you seen her blush when you compliment her or when you do something romantic?"

"Yeah, every time."

"You can't fake a blush. She does like you. Just be yourself. If you do that, then there's no difference between your feelings and the potion."

"Hey, did you hear that?"

"Ben!"

"Brooke!"

"It's the girls, let's go, Ben!" I swam over to them to see they're in the water, barely staying afloat. I swam to Evie and carried her, bridal style, to our picnic area. I shook my head like a dog. "Are you ok, Evie?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just worried."

"Can't you swim?"

"No, I don't know how."

"But you came in with the intention of saving me?"

"Yeah, but I see I didn't need to." She looked down. I took her chin and turned her head to me.

"I appreciate the effort, anyways." She shivered, so I climbed up and carried her to the middle near Mal. I grabbed a blanket and a towel for her and a towel for myself. "Do you want to go back? You can change into something dry and warm."

"Yeah, I'd like that."

~Time Skip~
"Evie, we can still continue the date if you want. We can hang out and talk in my room."

"Oh, I'd love to, but I don't want to be a bother."

"Nonsense, it's no trouble. Besides, I had my parent give me a room here so I can get to my classes more easily."

"Well, alright. If you insist."

~Time Skip~
This is nice. Just laying in my bed and talking. I know more about Evie, but she practically knows my story. I'm an open book. "So, now that you've been on a date with me, would you like to be my girlfriend, Evie?"

"Of course, Brooke. Why would you even ask that?"

"You could have easily changed your mind and said no."

"Well, you've grown on me. I want to see if these feelings of mine could become more than what they are. I mean, what would that be called?"

"Do you mean love?"

"Yeah, love."

"Evie, have you not felt love before?"

"No, I haven't. My mother didn't love me. I have a sibling type of love for my friends, but that's it."

I turn my body to her. "Well, I can teach you. Love isn't forced. I can try and explain it, but there's no good way to. But once you feel it, you'd know."

"Well, c-can you hold me?"

"Of course, Evie." I wrapped my arms around Evie and held her close. A few minutes pass and I hear her breathing slow down and silent snores fill the room.

I carry my sleeping beauty to her dorm and knock on the door. Mal opens the door and I bring Evie to her bed and tuck her in. I move a stray hair from her cheek and kiss her on the cheek. Then I walked to the door. "Thanks for bringing her back, Brooke."

I smiled at Mal. "No problem, Mal. I'll see you tomorrow, goodnight."

"Goodnight, Brooke." I walked back to my dorm and went to sleep with my heart beating fast and a warm feeling in my chest.