Chapter 7- I Can't Do This Anymore

Evie's POV
I leaned on the door and sighed. "Have fun, E?"

"Yeah, it was so enchanting." I went to my dresser and changed into pajamas while I talked with Mal. "First, we ate dinner in the dinning room. Then we danced in her ballroom. And we watched the sunset. Mal, she gave me my first kiss."

"That's great Evie. But you still remember the plan, right?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. As I washed off my make-up. "Wait, what plan, M?" I dried my face off and walked to my bed.

"Uh, the only plan, E. We have to steal Fairy God Mother's wand so we can break the barrier. Get your head out of the clouds, Evie."

"About that, Mal. I dont think we should go through with the plan. Life is so much better for us here."

"Are you backing down?"

"I guess I am. I'm not going to go through with this. I'm not risking Brooke's life."

"Who cares, Evie! She's under a spell! It's not like she really loves you!"

My jaw dropped. Tears threatened to come out of my eyes. Did she really just say that? "I know we're supposed to be bad, but you're evil, Mal. You just crossed so many lines. I can't do this anymore."

"E, wait I'm sorry."

I put on a pair of blue converse and then walked to the door. "It's too late for sorry." I walked out and slammed the door. I ran to the first person that crossed my mind, Brooke. I ran to her room and knocked on the door. The tears are running down my cheeks at this point, but I didn't care to wipe them away.

Brooke opened the door. She was in sweatpants and a white t-shirt. "Evie, hey, what's wrong?" I walked into her room and she shut the door. "Evie, what's the matter?"

I launched myself onto her. She hugged me back, but the force of my hug was tighter. "M-Mal and I h-had a f-fight." I cried into her chest. She rubbed my back. Honestly, I don't care if she's under a spell or not. My feelings for her are growing. When I break her spell, I still want to be with her.

She scooped me up and put me on her bed. I kicked off my shoes and she climbed into bed with me. She put her arm around me. "What was the fight about?"

I sort of calmed down. Only to the point in which I'm not crying anymore. I leaned into Brooke. "I don't wanna talk about it."

"It's ok, you don't have to. It'll be ok."

"I hope so."

"It will, you two are best friends. You'll work it out." She got under the covers and I followed suit.

"Wait, what about school?"

"Don't worry about it. Tomorrow is Saturday anyways, we'll be good."

"Oh, right. I forgot it was Friday." She reached over to turn her lamp off. "Wait, Brooke!"

"What, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's embarrassing." I blushed, because it's stupid.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about. I promise I won't laugh."

"I'mafraidofthedark!"

"Woah, woah, slow down. Say that again."

I sighed, here we go. "I'm afraid of the dark...."

"That's all? That's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm afraid of thunderstorms."

"Really?" She nodded. Brooke got out of the bed and rummaged through her end table. She pulled out a weird looking thing. She plugged it into the wall and turned off the lamp. I looked over to see she plugged in a night light for me.

"That looks so cool

"That looks so cool. Thank you, Brooke."

"Anything for my princess." She kissed me and I kissed back. Honestly, she is such a good kisser. I pulled away and I got comfortable. Brooke pull up the covers and held me from behind. I snuggled closer into her. "Goodnight, Princess."

"Goodnight, my knight in shining armor." I closed my eyes and fell asleep.