Preparations - Part A

Fortunately, Pugs squeezed a few minutes of her time and went shopping with you. For what? Isaac's gifts of course.

"I'm so happy you could squeeze a few moment for me," you said with a small smile.
"Of course. Anything for yah, (Y/N)," she replied. You were both currently waiting in line with a gift in hand, Pugs being a large story but with various stories and your's being a painting set. He seemed to suddenly be interested in arts now a days. (A/N: *cough*foreshadowing*cough*)

"You sure you can't come to the carnival? It would be a great chance to meet with Alen and Ammy..."
"Nah. I'm cool. There are plenty more opportunities to meet them..."

You picked up her tone and she seemed somewhat hesitant. You would ask her about this another day.

<Time Skip>

With the presents wrapped and the shopping for some groceries (ingredients for cake to be specific) and some stuff you had picked up, Pugs and you parted ways (and fortunately no one would attempt to rob you in the daylight). You entered the house which was eerily quiet. You hid the gifts and the groceries.

"Isaac?" You called out. No response but you did hear a giggle from upstairs. You rushed to his room and found him by his bedroom window about to jump. With some newfound inhuman speed you ran towards him and pulled him away from the window. You peered below and saw sharp points of what seemed to be a fence that awaited your brother's fall.

"Isaac? What's going on?" You asked cupping both of his cheeks in your hands so that he could focus on you.
"Mr. Widemouth told me that there was a trampoline waiting for me if I jumped," Isaac said in a quiet tone.
"I see... Can I talk to Mr. Widemouth?"
"But I won't have anyone to play with!"
"You can play with Jack for the meantime. Where is he anyways?"
"You believe in Jack?"
"Answer my question, Isaac"
"O-ok. I think you can... I could call him."

Rage bubbled in you. How dare that creature-whatever it was- try and take your brother's life?

"Where's dad anyway?" You asked.
"Went out with Stella. She said that there was an emergency meeting and that she was gonna be my new mom. (Y/N), I don't want a new mom. She scares me. Mr.Widemouth told me that if I jumped on the trampoline and made a wish, it would come true."
"We'll talk about this later Isaac. Right now, I'm going to deal with Mr. Widemouth."
"Why?"
"Just because. Call Jack and tell him to stay. If Ammy and Alen come let them in"
"What about Jack?"
"He'll know when to poof away. He always does."
"How do you know?"

You smiled softly at your brother and messed his hair.

"I have hunches"

<Time Skip>

You went into the forest a little bit nearby.

"Oh Mr. Widemouth~" you called out in a singsong manner.

There was silence. You stood there for a moment, knowing that it was there. After all Jack had put you through, you weren't surprised when a small creature appeared to you, a grin on it's excessively large mouth.

"Hello there. What is it you'd like to know or hear from me?" It asked.
"I'd like you to leave my brother alone. And I am extremely upset that you had almost shortened his life by ending it in the process," you replied in a calm tone.

"Why? He's getting less happier. And from what it looks like, he'd be better off here"
"You don't know what happy is for him."
"Neither do you"
"I am his sister. And you only want his soul or whatever anyways. I think. I dunno."
"Ah, but it's also to end his suffering"
"What?"
"You didn't know? So many like me are after him. They are worse than me, my dear."
"I'll protect him."
"Protect? You can't even control your powers properly!"
"What?"
"Oh, I've said too much. Well, I'll comply to your request. But the others won't be very forgiving"

You bowed in respect and then left.

You'd have to know about this whole powers thing-and fast.