Harry Potter: A Love story

Chapter 1

"Ginny wait up! Can we please talk!"

"I have nothing to say to you Harry."

"Ginny I only want to help!"

"Don't you see, I don't want your help!"

"I think you do and your just being stubborn"

"Harry," Ginny said her eyes full of tears. "If I wanted your help I would have asked but you just assume I want your help" She was on the verge of tears, but Harry ignored them.

"Well fine! Excuse me for caring!"

"Harry, it's not-"

" No I perfectly understand!" Harry stormed off, fuming. Why didn't Ginny trust him? She was obviously upset. Why didn't she just tell him why? All she ever was was upset when he tried to ask what's wrong.

"Hermione? Can you go get Ginny for me?" Ginny has gone upstairs sobbing into the girls dormitory.

"I will not! She will come down when she's ready."

Hermione stormed upstairs to go join Ginny.

"Girls are a pain mate, I understand." Ron said suddenly.

"Better not let Hermione hear you say that."

"I would never say that around her."

"Of course not Ron." Harry said as he walked up to his dormitory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ginny, are you okay?" Hermione said as she walked into the girls dormitory.

"Yeah I'm fine." Ginny said drying her eyes.

"Why won't you talk to Harry."

"Because the last time I told him I was upset over Fred he tried to talk me into being okay instead of letting me cry and holding me."

"Guys think that they always need to say something. Trust me, they will always be like that. All you need to do is tell him that before your going to tell him anything that he must promise to just hold you while you cry."

"Should I tell him then?"

"Only if you're okay with crying in front of him."

"I am."

"Then go for it."

Ginny walked downstairs to Harry sitting on the couch. Harry turned to he and tried to start talking.

"Gin-"

"Harry let me talk." Harry sat silent.

"If I am going to tell you anything once I'm don't talking you must promise to not talk okay?"

"Yes Ginny."

"Good. Well then, I have been thing a lot of Fred lately." Just saying his name made tears well up I her eyes.

"It's hit me really hard lately. I'm not sure how to feel because he wouldn't have wanted me to be sad he would have wanted me to be happy but the thing is it was always his jokes that made me happy."

Ginny suddenly started crying and ran into Harry's open arms. They sat there like that for a while. Together is how they always wanted to be. They both knew that. After about five minuets Harry started talking.

"Gin, are you okay now?"

" I'm doing better"

"Good, do you want to go to dinner or not?"

"We'll go just let me wash up first."

"Of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello." Hermione said as they walked into the Great Hall.

"Hi Hermione, hi Ron"

" 'Ello," said Ron between mouthfuls of food.

"Ron that's disgusting!" Hermione said appalled.

"What is?"

Hermione rolled her eyes at Ron.

"Harry, Ginny. We're all still one for our double date tonight right?"

"Oh my! I've forgotten!" Ginny exclaimed.

"It's fine we will have plenty of time to get ready."

"What time is the date again?" Harry said.

"11:00, did you hear that Ron?"

"Yes Hermione,"

"Good don't be late."

After the battle curfews stopped existing. Everyone was out and about till 2:30 usually. So they were going to go to the lake tonight for a picnic. It was a romantic idea Hermione and Ginny had. At 10:55 Ginny and Hermione went down to the common room to meet Ron and Harry.

"Hello," Hermione and Ginny said together.

Ron gave a low whistle at the sight of Hermione and Harry looked lovingly towards Ginny.

"Everyone ready then?" Harry asked as he offered his arm to Ginny, who blushed rather deeply.

They all walked to the lake in the very starry night, just perfect for a nighttime date.

"Isn't the night beautiful?" Ginny asked hoping to start a conversation.

"It is," said Harry looking up.

Hermione and Ginny shared a look. Clearly stating that talking wasn't their intention for the night.

"So Ron....." Hermione said starting a hopefully enjoyable night.

"Yes Hermione?" said Ron questioningly. Ron and Harry were hoping to find a chance to kiss their girls tonight but the option wasn't presenting itself.

Harry and Ron excused themselves after what seemed like forever of sitting there in awkward silence.

"How do we make a move?" Harry asked.

"I don't really know, I only kissed her once but the time presented itself."

"Me to mate, I'm lost."

"Well all we can do is try"

The boys headed back hoping to strike gold this time.

Harry, who at the time was more confident than Ron, politely asked Ginny to take a walk by the lake. Sure enough Harry made his move on Ginny and they were snogging by the time Ron had sat down.

"Look at them," said Hermione.

"They are so happy together."

Hermione was hoping to get the point across to Ron but he wasn't picking it up.

"Yeah they are"

"Ron?"

"Yes?"

"Am I a bad kisser or something?"

"What?" said Ron surprised.

"Am I a bad kisser?"

"No! You're better than Lavender that's for sure"

"Then why don't you ever kiss me?" said Hermione ignoring the whole Lavender remark.

"I don't really know how to go about it." Ron said very embarrassed.

All of a sudden Hermione kissed Ron. After a few minuets of kissing Hermione pulled away.

"I don't think your a bad kisser either."