Part 3

You woke up in the unfamiliar room. The clean metal ceiling reflecting the bed. You stood up, and slipped on your bodega uniform. You figured everyone was asleep. You stepped out of the sleek room, and looked around the empty halls. One step at a time, You tiptoed to the door. You silently opened it.
"Ahem!" You someone clear their throat from behind you. You froze, and slowly turned around. V was sitting there, in a large leather chair, sitting cross legged, reading a book.
"Where are you going?" He said, his deep, mono-tonic, yet rhythmic voice catching you completely off guard.
"Um.. I am going to.. work." You flinched as the last words left your mouth.
"Hm. Just be back by 3:00." He mumbled.
"Okay. I'll be back." His gaze followed you until you were outside. You hopped on your bike, and peddled off. Your head felt like a burning iron. Was he mad? Why would he be? Maybe he was just tired. You tried not to think about it. You saw the plaza on the horizon. A place of dreams, wrapped in linoleum. The place were destinies were packaged and sold. But at what cost? Your bike skidded to a halt, and you wheeled it up to the rack. The door opened with a chime, and you greeted Enid.
"Hey Enid. Need any help?"
"Hi Y/N. No, I am alright now. K.O. And Rad are in the back restocking, so you can help out customers." She said, looking up from a magazine.
"Okay. Thank you Enid."
"Oh! Y/N! What happened with you and Professor Venomous?" She prodded.
"Well, I got a job, and a house now. I start at 3:00 today. He seems...Nice?" You said reluctantly.
"Hm, Okay. Whatever you say Y/N. Just don't get to close to him. After all, he is an evil mastermind."
- A few hours later -
It was around lunch, and your stomach was grumbling. Enid was about to take her lunch break.
"Uh, Hey Y/n? You mind taking my lunch shift? K.O. And Rad aren't back yet, and I think I should go look for them."
"Yeah! Sure! I don't mind. Go ahead E, you deserve it." You smiled, and took her place at the counter.
"Thanks man." She said as she strolled into the back room. You sat down at the counter, when all the sudden, the bell chimed, signaling the entry of a customer. You looked up to find Prof. V wearing white rimmed sunglasses. (The ones pictured in the banner) He casually waltzed up to the counter.
"V! What are you doing here?!" You whisper-shouted.
"I just came to pick you up a little early." He replied with a small smile.
"Aren't people going to recognize you?" You responded worriedly.
"Shades." He said, gesturing with a straight face at his sunglasses. He took the Shades off, revealing his half-lidded eyes. The back door opened up, and Enid, Rad, and K.O. Stepped out.
Enid noticed immediately.
"HOLY BLORP! Is that Professor Venomous!" She yelled, catching Rad and K.O.s attention.
"OH MY-" Rad was cut off by K.O.s scream.
"Everybody! Battle formations!" Enid shouted. They all got into battle poses, and V reached into his lab coat, and started to pull out a ray gun.
"V! ENID! GUYS! Chill! Nobody is going to vanquish anybody!" You yelled, placing a hand on P.V's arm, which you felt clenching upon your touch.
"But Y/N! There is a villain trying to take over the store!" K.O. Yelled.
"Please, this store? I would never want this worthless hunk of plaza. I am just here to pick up Y/N." He sneered. You blushed, and looked over at K.O and the gang embarrassed.
"Y/N, pleeeeease let us fight him!" Rad whined.
"Yeah. Please let me destroy these meddling kids!" V rebutted.
"V, Rad, we don't need a fight." You said.
"Fine. Let's go Y/N." He said with a frown. He grabbed your arm, and gently pulled you out of the store. You mouthed the words "Sorry" to K.O, Enid and Rad. And off you went with P.V.
He looked down at you, and your gaze met his. He slipped his shades back on, and started to walk the length of the plaza. You saw him look over in the direction of a small ice cream store.
"Say, do you want to get some ice cream for Fink? You can get some as well." He offered.
"No, I am fine. But thank you." You responded.
"What is your favorite kind?" He asked as monotonistic as possible.
"(Favorite flavor)." You answered. "What's yours?" You asked.
"Pistachio" He said blushing.
"Wow. You truly are evil." You said, poking fun at him.
"Thank you." He said, looking down and smiling. He looked into your eyes, and you felt your face heating up as you tried to look away.
"You have very striking eyes. I never noticed them before." He said calmly.
Your face went tomato red.
"T-Thank You." You stuttered.
You walked next to him, completely dumbfounded by the words that he had spoken moments before. Did he mean it? Or was it just being polite? He is always very blunt, but you supposed you would eventually find out more about him.