Part 9

Your heart was pounding. He stood close to you, and you both marched in to the center of the laser tag arena. It was dark, but you could tell it was a little more open then the corridors you were previously running in. You felt more secure with PV there, but you were still scared.
"I got one already." V said, scanning the dark room.
"Yeah, same. That leaves just Cosma." You whispered.
"AAHH!"
And earsplitting screech filled the air.
"Fink!" You both cried in unison.  He started running, and grabbed your hand. The glow in the dark spray painted designs on the walls whizzed by, creating streaks of gaudy, multicolored lights. Finally, you stopped, and assessed your surroundings. Fink was standing in the middle of the room, worriedly looking around.
"Fink! What's wrong!" V asked, slowly walking up to her.
"Boss! Y/N! You shouldn't have come here! Cosma is.."
She got cut off buy a sudden beam of light. It zoomed past you, and V.
"What was that!?" Your eyes adjusted to the darkness again. You looked over at Fink, who was standing, wide eyed. Her mask lit up, and her gun folded.
"Fink! No!" You screamed.
"Fink!" V said, falling to his knees.
"Y..Y/N... Boss..." She stammered.
"Remember me." She whispered, as her eyes closed. She scooted out of the room, eyes still closed.
"Goodbye Fink." You whispered.
Suddenly, A second beam of light whizzed past, missing both of you by a few inches. Cosma stood on the other side of the arena.
"It's Cosma!" You yelled, aiming your gun. She snickered. Your machine whirred and fired. She dodged, and fired back. The prof. Ducked, and it missed him. He fired, missing her again. She jumped forward, and ran toward you. You screamed, and fired 3 shots. She jumped over them, and laughed, gaining closer. Her weapon whirred, and she fired. The barrel of her gun glowed a soft white. She aimed it directly towards you. Your body felt numb, and you aimed your gun back at her. Her gun fired. The blast flew at you, and then, time stopped. Everything was still.
You wiggled your fingers along the gun's barrel, making sure you could move. You felt a hand on your shoulder. You looked over to see V.
"Y/N. It's okay. Just something I have been working on." He held a small box in his hand, with a button on it.
"Isn't that cheating?" You asked.
"It's not cheating if she was cheating as well." He laughed.
"What?" You asked, cocking your head.
"She was using a invisibility spray."
"Oh." You giggled. He smiled at you. It might have been your imagination, but you swear you saw him blush.
"Well." He smiled, and cracked his knuckles.
"Let's get this over with."
He took your gun, fiddled with it, then handed it to you.
"This should do the trick."
"Thanks."
You pulled the trigger, and the gun started to shake a little. You nervously eyed him. He nodded. The gun exploded with light, and he clicked the button on the box in his hand. Things started to move again, and Cosma was engulfed in a white light. The light subsided, and her gun had already folded up.
"Nice game." V immediately said. Slinging his arm around your shoulder, you all walked out.