Part 4

You both made it back to the lab, your bike safely stowed in the driveway. P.V checked his watch, and let out a contented sigh.
"Right on time." He whispered happily. He opened the door for the both of you, to reveal Fink, sitting on the ground near the door.
"Boss! Y/N! There you guys are! I have been waiting thirty minutes!" She announced.
"Sorry Fink, the walk here was longer than expected." You told her.
"Yes. Please excuse the delay." Venomous reassured.  You all walked into the lab room, as you slipped off your bodega vest, and stepped into your lab coat. There was a pile of the Robo-Arms he ordered. Fink hopped onto the pile.
"Y/N, you just need to open up the arms, and get the glorbs that are inside." He said, handing you a screwdriver and small container for the glorbs.
"Fink, you can make sure the glorbs get to where they need to go." He added, patting Fink on the head, and placing a hand on your shoulder. His lips curled into a soft smile, and then he walked away, the tail of his lab coat fluttering with each graceful stride. You couldn't help but wish he hadn't left. You turned and sighed. Fink stared at you, with a suggestive smile plastered to her face.
"You like him, don't you?" She whispered, her eyes slanting farther.
"Me? Him?! N-Never!" You worriedly stammered.
"Well, usually I would have to DESTROY YOU, cause' he hates it when people go goo goo over him. But I think..." She started, "Nah, it couldn't be."
"What?! Couldn't what?" You asked frantically.
"Maybe he enjoys your company! I mean, he never touches anyone like he did just then. Well, except me of course!" She said, beaming. Your heart pounded. Maybe he did like you. I mean, he complimented your eyes, and gave you the job, despite your lack of experience. You suddenly felt warm inside, and your face burned. You started to believe. Everything made sense. Then you remembered Enid's words of caution. She told you of V's duplicity, and you knew that you should wait before making any decisions.
-One hour of glorb harvesting later-
    You wiped the sweat from your brow. You smiled as you looked at all the glorbs you had collected.
"Well Fink, I think we did it. We collected all the glorby-Things." You said, standing up.
"We sure did! Now we can go eat ice cream!" She yelled, clawing her way out of the lab. You slipped your  lab coat off as you left the room. You walked into the "living room" and sat down on the couch. Prof. V walked through the living room, looking very sharp. He was wearing a suit, and tie. His hair was a little more messy than usual. He looked at you as he fiddled with his tie.
"Ah, Y/N. There you are. I happened to be going to a...meeting of sorts, and I need a plus one." He said, looking off into a nearby mirror.
"What about Fink?" You asked.
"It's past Fink's bedtime." He calmly replied. You giggled a little, and he handed you a bag.
"I got some clothes for you, you can pick which ones you want to wear." He said, a slight blush creeping across his face.
"Oh! Thank you!" He handed you the bag, and walked down the hall.
"Be ready in five!" He called.
You walked into your sleek new bedroom, and changed into (the outfit in the banner). You felt very comfy in the giant cardigan, and it made you feel safe. You stepped into the living room, where V was waiting.
"Hm, I had a feeling you would like that." He said studying the outfit.
"Well, lets go. Fink, be good while we are gone." And with that, you both stepped out of the house, and into the night.
         — Sorry this one is so short! I will finish the next chapter today! If I don't, it's probably because of schoolwork—