A

Through the snowy-capped, wrinkled mountain, the young traveler trudged onto the thick blanket of snow, leaving a trail of footsteps behind

Through the snowy-capped, wrinkled mountain, the young traveler trudged onto the thick blanket of snow, leaving a trail of footsteps behind. The celestial fireball hid behind the white clouds. Chilly winds whispering through the shrubs and trees coated with snow particles. She clutched her fur cloak closely around her body for warmth. The heavy weight of her leather sling bag hanging on her shoulder and her slightly disheveled black hair from the blow of the wind didn't matter to her.

It has already been three weeks since she set travel foot to the ridges of frosty mountains—a courageous feat for a simple villager. She was desperate for help; the dire need for a savior and salvation. The tale of the legendary hero occupied her mind throughout her journey. She won't give up finding him no matter how far she goes.

On her way, not one, but five suspicious looking men suddenly appeared in front of her. Malignant stares and smirks greeted the young traveler. The ominous presence of these mountain bandits puts her in hostility. She retreated back while gripping the small knife inside her bag as her only resort for defense. The bandits then surrounded her, subsequently trapping the unfortunate traveler to escape.

A sharp cry was heard coming from one of the bandits and then he fell; face down to the ground. There's a dagger stuck on the back of his head and blood oozed out profusely. The bandits, including her whirled around in agitation to look for the culprit. On top of the slope beside them, a young man took a step forward; showing a sly grin and malicious glint in his eyes. She spotted a young man as he hops down to the ground. It was too fast for her eyes to follow when he swiftly inflicted his other dagger to the confused bandit; killing him instantly. He took the dagger that was stuck in the head and plunge it to the angry bandit near him.

The strange young man sniggered and gripped his two daggers tightly for the last two incoming bandits. She was in awe; watching him confronts the bandits and clashed their weapons. Not too long, the bandits were defeated and everything went into complete silence. The traveler then felt anxious because she's now alone with him—not knowing his true intention. He was like a wolf approaching his prey; the way he stared at her intently and moving forward towards her while holding his two bloody daggers.

It was out of fear that her legs wobbled and eventually, flopped down to the ground. She flinched when he raised his daggers—thinking he would kill her—yet he sheathed them either side of his waist respectively. He bent his body down a bit and offered a hand up to her.

"Are you alright?" The stranger spoke in gentle, low voice.

The young traveler didn't utter a word for a while in shock before she regained the strength to speak.

"Yes, I am," She answered and took his hand. "Thank you."

The stranger pulled her to stand up and beamed at her. He asked, "Why's a pretty lady like you traveling alone in this dangerous mountain?"

"I'm searching for someone," She replied. "What's your name?"

"Namjoon Kim." He said.

She examined his outlook quickly—Namjoon wore woven long sleeve shirt and pants, and long billowing blue scarf looped around his neck. She marveled his almond-shaped eyes, caramel hair, and his prominent dimples both in his cheeks. Regardless of his features, Namjoon fits the description of a rogue, but she denied her judgement.

She smiled and said, "I'm Zera Win."

From Namjoon's eyes—Zera's warm and golden-brown tint skin deviates her from the white domain, yet exotic beauty remains. Her raven hair cascading down her shoulders, and side fringe slightly obscuring her obsidian left eye. There's also a single mini braid beneath the right side of her head. She wore the fur cloak, simple linen clothes, and boots that reach below her knee.

Namjoon nodded in acknowledgement. After that, he quickly took a bag owned by the bandits and peeked inside. His eyes lit with joy when he saw plenty of silver coins and some jewelry. He grinned, and then returned his eyes to the female traveler who was just staring at him dumbly.

"Good luck with your search." He winked at her as he swung and rested the bag of loot to his shoulder.

Namjoon proceeded down to a craggy path, heading where the rumored rarest diamond is located. He mulled over how he would steal such a delicate treasure. Meanwhile, Zera watched him leaving until he was out of her sight. The path she took for the next village was rather smooth and quiet. Thanks to him, Zera was glad she can continue her journey with no casualty. Being saved by the brave and good-looking guy was like the legendary hero himself, and she can't deny that tiny feeling of admiration to him.

Subconsciously, her hand tried to caress the bangle bracelet—the only comfort whenever she has a mixture of feelings—wrapped around her wrist, however, there's nothing. Zera halted her walking feet and checked her wrist with worry. No matter what angle she looked at her wrist, it was really gone. The drop of her heart was tremendous for losing a precious artifact; which was passed down from her ancestors. It can't possibly slip out unless someone took it. She deduced the moment she accepted his offered hand, he maybe took it out her wrist without notice. She was too drawn to Namjoon and that he took the chance to steal her bracelet. Zera was charmed by a thief!

"That son of a—"