T

Words couldn't express the joy she's feeling right now

Words couldn't express the joy she's feeling right now. Her long journey has finally paid off and the villagers would be very happy. From hate to idolatry—this sudden change quickly disregards him as the thief. Zera moved closer to him, kneeling down and hands placed on the snowy ground. Namjoon flinched and took a step back in surprise at her abrupt action.

"Please, save our village!" She exclaimed.

"H-hey, get up!" Even though no one's looking, he still felt embarrassed at her unusual position and melodramatic way of begging.

"We need your help; the elves attacked our village weeks ago. They demanded our chief leader to submit a quota of villagers before the moon passes the sun. If we don't, they will annihilate our entire village." The despair on her face didn't affect him, nor even feel sympathy for her, but rather, a bothersome to his thievery life. He thought she would ask him a small favor and then offer something rewarding, yet it wasn't. As a matter of fact, he has a bad history with the elves and would like to avoid them as possible. Now he regretted his decision to fool her. "Please, you're our only hope!"

He sighed and said, "Sorry I'm too busy right now, and not interested to save the day as well."

"Are you joking?!" Zera stood up, baffled and continued, "The legendary hero refused to help us?!"

Namjoon waved his hand to shoo her away. "Yeah, yeah. Go away and bother someone else."

Zera frowned and felt disappointed—the legendary hero she looked up to turned out also to be a scoundrel thief. It was a big contradiction to his hero role, and so, she will have to cross his palm with silver in order to save her village.

"Fine! I will give you all the riches of our village in exchange for your help, except that bracelet!" She said.

He scrunched up his eyebrows as he pondered about her offer. "Sorry, but it's not enough. There's this kind of diamond that has much worth than the whole village itself."

"Diamond?" Zera's eyes lit up and can't help to widen her lips into a broad smile. Like a lottery, she hit a jackpot to lure him to their village because she has an access to get those precious gemstones. "Alright then, there are lots of diamonds located in a hidden cave near our village. I can lead you there."

He's only looking for one particular diamond; apparently, his greed can't refuse this opportunity to get more. Namjoon is aware of her tempting bait, waiting to be swallowed, and yet he did. It was a fair and clever bargain in which he secretly applauded the female traveler. Nevertheless, whether he finds it or not, he will sneak out of the village and leave them for good.

"Deal!" He said.