N

The bracelet mantled with gold; an allegory of an ancient prosperity and grandeur

The bracelet mantled with gold; an allegory of an ancient prosperity and grandeur. Added the twin heads of the limbless reptile—its arcane eyes watching the fathomless color of the sea, its rim biting the shiny corona that guards the mystical stone.

The mischievous thief, Namjoon, playfully spun the stolen circlet accessory around his finger. He ambled through the rugged path and hummed in sync with the crumbling sound made by his feet. He was feeling smug after successfully taking the bracelet away from the girl's wrist. Thanks to his keen eyes, Namjoon spotted the pretty penny bracelet and made it a reason to save her in order to steal it. Dealing with the mountain bandits was a piece of cake and even got an additional fortune.

It was luck at first sight for him, however, it also applies to the furious traveler. Namjoon halted to his feet because of the sound of heavy footsteps approaching fast behind him. The moment he turned around, Zera collided her shoulder blade strongly to his chest, shoving the off-guard thief to the ground. The spilled coins and jewelries emitted light ringing sound.

"What in the elf's name are you doing?!" He said, baffled to the aggressive female in front of him.

She pointed the dagger—taken from his waist—down to the lying male. "Give it back to me, you thief!"

Zera puts her best threatening look to frighten the young man, but it didn't faze him and chortled instead—he immediately knew what she's pertaining to. Slowly, the thief flattened his arm and pushed himself to stand up; groaning from the pain he felt in his upper body.

"Oh, this?" He raised the golden bracelet between his fingertips with a sly grin on his face. "Fat chance, lady!"

She scowled at him. "I'm warning you!"

Namjoon shrugged his shoulders and ignored the fuming traveler by picking up the scattered loot on the ground. Zera couldn't believe his laid-back attitude towards her. If she only has her bow and arrows right now—which are currently under repair in her village—she might even subdue him, but based on his stealth and fast reflexes, perhaps it wouldn't intimidate him that much. She shifted her gaze from him to the dagger, in which that subtle action caused her eyes to widen. The sharp weapon in her hand has the faint mark of the dragon engraved along its blade; ferocious and dignified avian creature known to all beings.

"No, you can't be!" She said, prompting the thief to stop his effortless work and faced her with confounded look. She took a few steps backwards, putting more space between them. "You're not the legendary hero, right?"

He didn't expect she would know about the infamous hero—let alone the mark of the dragon. The truth is, he's not the legendary hero; long story short, he stole the daggers from that hero. Judging by her reaction, he presumed she admires and respect the valiant figure deeply and the one she was looking for. Thus, a wicked plan formed in his mind. He may not be the hero, but he can pretend one to see the outcome of her gullibility and maybe gain something beneficial.

Namjoon reached out his hand, and then suddenly, the dagger magically escaped from her grasp and flew rapidly into his waiting hand. He smirked and answered, "What if I am?"