Chapter 1

Meredith's POV:

It was was a rainy day in Seattle, the usual. I had been thinking about children a lot lately, well other children besides Zola and Bailey. I was thinking about the future Grey-Shepherd children, and if there would ever be any. I mean, it's not like it was a spur of the moment thing, I've been debating about having more children for a while now. I just can't decide between adopting another baby or having another baby. Obviously both experiences were tough, and not easy. It took us years to get pregnant with Bailey and it wasn't exactly easy to adopt Zola. It's just a major decision, and I haven't even told Derek yet... Like what if he doesn't even want another baby? I'll talk to him later about it... I just really have to get the kids to daycare before I'm late for rounds.

"Bye Bailey." I said as I kiss the top of his head and move on to say goodbye to Zola.
"Bye Zo-" Before I could even manage to say goodbye she was off playing with Sofia.

After I finish rounds, I texted Derek and asked him to meet me for lunch, once that time rolled around, I met him in the cafeteria.

Derek's POV:

Meredith hasn't been acting herself lately, so when she texted me and asked me to meet her in the cafeteria for lunch, I figured she wanted to talk about something.

As I walked into the Cafeteria, I saw the look on Meredith's face. I could tell she had something on her mind. As soon as I sat down next to her, I knew something was up.

"Derek.. I've been thinking... I mean I don't know..."

"Meredith, spit it out"

"I want another baby. I mean I think I want another baby."

"I... I... I want one if you want one."

"You stuttered. You have to be a hundred percent sure that you want another baby. I don't want another baby if you're not completely sure about it."

"Meredith, I'm positive. I want another baby. I really do. I just stuttered because I didn't expect you to say that."

"So.... We're gonna have another baby?"

"We're gonna have another baby!"

"But the question is, do we want to adopt again, or do we want to try and have our own?"

"We could try to have our own... I mean there's not harm in at least trying for a little while, and if things don't work out, adoption it is."

At this point we both are smiling. You could tell it was a huge weight lifted off her shoulders. We both are ecstatic and cannot wait to bring another little baby into the family, whether it's through adoption or on our own.

"Well I've got surgery, I'll see you later, pick up the kids from daycare and I'll meet you at home. I love you." Meredith plants a gentle kiss on my lips and walks away as I turn around to watch her.

A/N: I know that was a super short chapter, I promise the next chapter won't be as short