It's Like Halfway Happy

Bluebell? Jay frowned and shook his head, picking up a game controller. Relaxing into the couch, he brought the bowl filled with chips to his right and hit 'start’ on the main menu screen. And why does he have to be chewing gum all the time?

Popping a handful of chips into his mouth, he started to move his avatar around the map, taking caution as he moved the avatar from one shipment box to another. The game he had put in was one of his favorite games in the history of video games. It wasn't the same one that he played before - the one Lloyd had bluntly admitted to cheating in. Rather, it was a game of warfare as you tried to survive the apocalypse while also taking out the people who were behind the beginning of it. Yes, those guys were alive.

Jay thought it was stupid - they should've died the moment they realized their mistakes, but video games will be video games, he told himself.

Bluebell?! Jay clenched his teeth, slamming a finger on the 'X’ button. Hearing that word first come out of Cole's mouth was a shocker - he despised when people he wasn’t familiar with started to call him by nicknames. Especially Bluebell. To be honest, that was the first. And I’m not amusing, he scoffed. To him, that felt extremely close to the same as saying Jay was cute - as in, not tough, not very leadership material, and not like Lloyd. He let out a low growl.

His avatar took out two infected victims.

That minute he heard the name Bluebell, he had the sudden urge to strike back and call Cole by his last name, as the event that went down in Cole's room proved he hated when people called him that way.

Jay's finger landed on the 'B1’ button and his avatar fired a string of bullets at the dozens of infected victims heading his way.

Though, the way Cole had warned Jay not to call him Brookstone sent a shiver up his spine and he felt small once again.

“Hey, Jay!” Lloyd's voice came from the doorway. Jay paused the game and looked up.

“Yeah?”

“My Mom asked me to get some groceries for her. You don't mind staying here with Cole, do you?”

Jay's eye twitched and he faked a smile. “Yeah! No problemo! You go… I'll stay here.”

“Alright! I had a thought you were going to say 'no’ to staying behind, since, yanno, you kinda threw a fit about it this morning… but, I guess I was wrong. Thanks a lot, Jay! Just remember, Cole has a tracker on him, - so if something happens…”

“Gotcha.”

With a nod, Lloyd dashed away leaving behind a very ticked off Jay.

***

The girl at the door fixed the hat on her head and her eyes flickered to Garmadon. The Chief's eyes grew wide at who stood before him and he pointed her to a seat.

“Miss Smith. Welcome. I am very sorry I couldn't make it yesterday after what happened to your brother… What can I help you with?”

Nya took her seat before Garmadon and took off her hat, staring directly into his eyes.

She cleared her throat. “Sir, I know this must be… sudden, but I'd like to turn myself in.”

“Excuse me?” Garmadon stared, bewildered.

“I've been on the run with my brother for years. I decided it's time... I'd like to turn myself in and commit to whatever punishment you have in mind. Sir.”

The Chief sat speechless for several minutes. He was tempted to ask why Nya had come in to ask that so suddenly, but he figured it would have been immensely rude to do so. At last, he cleared his throat, catching Nya's attention.