What's My Name?

Apologies for the day late update! I was trying to get this done Thursday but I started and finished the 'End of the F***ing World' and man, I was REALLY distracted. The you know, new episode yesterday! I absolutely loved it!

Anyhoo, enjoy :)

Jay looked deeply into Cole's hope filled eyes. Cole was counting on him to fight the Overlord's control. He trusted that Jay could do it.

Cole actually believed in him.

And Jay knew he couldn't let him down.

Not now. Not today. Dare he say, not ever.

The gun clicked and Jay pressed the barrel to Cole's stomach, his finger, however, nowhere near the trigger -

But Cole remained completely calm. Jay may have tried to shoot him once, but the Overlord's influence then was stronger than it was now. He could tell.

"Why aren't you running?" The brunette managed to spit out through tight teeth, looking to Cole with pleading eyes.

Cole only stood his ground, answering with a hint of confidence, "Because I'm not afraid. And you're my friend. I trust you."

Jay's eyes never left Cole's as he curled his fingers tighter around the gun.

It was strange. Jay's face was masked with anger, his brows drawn together as he looked at Cole with hopes of seeing him crumble at his feet. Though, Cole saw it differently. He heard Jay crying out to him with a strain in his voice, desperate to shake off the Overlord's power. He saw the fear swimming through Jay's deep pools of bright blue eyes. He noticed the trembling fingers and legs and wanted so bad to smack the Overlord back where he came from.

The longer Jay stared, the more he expected for Cole to make a move. He was more than disappointed when Cole did nothing, and Jay wanted to scream at him for being such a fool.

"Jay," Cole started, his voice level and Jay felt his heart clench. Cole sure wasn't kidding when he said he wasn't afraid. "I know you're in there. You can't let him do this to you. You can't let me fight you. I don't want to fight you!"

"Cole-"

Cole continued, but this time, his voice dropped and he sounded desperate. Desperate enough that his voice cracked nearly every other word. "Lloyd still needs you. I still need you."

Jay blinked. Me...? "You...?" Without another thought, he dropped the gun, seeming dazed and confused. A smile graced Cole's features when he saw that as a sign that Jay was, hopefully, himself again. Without another second to lose, Cole yanked his hand towards him, pulling the brunette into a firm embrace. Jay, on the other hand, was still trying to remember everything that had happened when he was under the Overlord's control. When the memory of him nearly killing Cole came back to him, he raised both arms, hugging Cole back like there was no tomorrow. He wanted to stay like this forever, but a voice reminded him that was not possible -

"Touching." The voice swooned sarcastically.

Jay's head snapped up and he whirled around briskly, pointing an accusing finger at the Overlord. "You!" The Overlord stood there with an amusing smile, feeling accomplished with his work of forcing Jay to do what he did. Just hearing the Overlord's name sickened him. He balled his fists, intensely eyeing the man. "You used me! You made me fight Cole! I almost killed him because of you!"

The Overlord's grin grew wider. "I'm afraid... It's too late..." He lifted the small power source that came from Cole's arm and slipped it into a place beside the second source in his pendant. As a dark aura enveloped the Overlord, Jay took one giant step forward, ready to gift him with a fist to the face. Before Jay could take another step, Cole threw his hand out around Jay's arm and pulled him back.