Mamma Mia!

Okay well heads up, this chapter is longer than what I normally type! A lot of stuff going on in here so dream with your eyes wide open! XD I mean read with your eyes wide open. I call it, the Greatest Showman Fever.

Anyways, enjoy, my friends!

Friday. December 7th.

Chief Garmadon had just finished refilling his punch when he noticed his two employees not too far away from him.

"Nya, Zane, so glad you could join us."

"Are you sure that Kai will be here?" Zane asked the Chief.

"Are you doubting your boss?" Garmadon tilted his head up and eyed Zane with suspicion.

Zane's muscles tensed. Nya raised a hand to cover her mouth, holding in her laughter. "Um, no, Sir."

Garmadon put a hand on Zane's shoulder. "I'm just joking, Zane. I did some research into Kai's files and I do believe he will be here. Besides, Miss Smith seems to think so as well."

Nya, on the other hand, was not listening as she plotted what she would say to Kai when she found him again. "Huh? Oh. Yeah."

"Anyways, I should get back to Lloyd. He's been looking forward to this party since I brought it up. By the way, try the punch, it's great!"

On the way back to his son and wife, Garmadon noticed Cole standing by the bleachers from the corner of his eyes. The young man was staring at the majority of the people in the center of the room with an empty look in his eyes. With a heavy sigh, the Chief took a detour and made his way to the isolated teenager.

"Are you not enjoying the party?" He asked, stepping into Cole's view. The boy didn't answer but instead turned his head the other way. Garmadon saw this coming - of course Cole would act this way at the time of the party. It was a shame he wasn't enjoying it, and it was a shame that he wasn't mingling with anyone. Having someone to talk to would at least make the time more bearable.

"Remember the time when you and my brother played that prank on me at the coffee shop? Ah, I miss those old times, don't you?" His brows drew nearer when the former fugitive hunched some more. "I wish I had you and Lloyd meet. I'm sorry that never happened… I kept it a secret from him as well."

He noticed Cole flinch.

"Thank you, Cole, for not being too troublesome for Jay and Lloyd. Most especially Jay." A smile curled on his lips. "I remember when you were such a troublemaker yourself nearly seven, eight, years ago."

Cole cast a glance at Garmadon, still unresponsive.

Garmadon sighed once more and proceeded to leave. "If you aren't having fun, it's okay, but why not go and talk to someone? It'll lighten the mood."

Cole's arms relaxed by his sides when Garmadon's footsteps were becoming distant. The Chief had always been there for him when he was little - not just after he ran away, but also many times before that. Suddenly-

"Chief G-"

Surprisingly, the Chief heard Cole and he turned around with a brow raised high. And though he knew his eyes were deceiving him, he still thought it all to be true when he saw Cole as his former 12 year old self once more. Cole steadily walked up to him looking remorseful. He embraced the Chief in a tight hug and he suddenly felt like his younger self again. Back when there was no big danger. Back when he didn't have this bionic arm.

"Thank you."

Chief Garmadon blinked. "Thank you for what?"

"For believing in me."