Chapter Three

**AN: Hey everyone! I hope you guys had a good week! Here is the third chapter as promised! I hope you'll enjoy it.**

_________________

Coming back from a mission was always good to Peter Quill, because he could chill with his fellow Guardians of the Galaxy, listening to awesome music and dancing on it, at least for a few moments, before getting called to save the universe again. Rocket was piloting the ship grumbling about everything that went wrong during the mission ; Drax was inspecting the weapons — actually having fun inspecting them — Groot was dancing on the rhythm of his new music taste, some rock'n'roll bands such as the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, AC/DC, Guns'N'Roses, and Queen ; Gamora was either with Peter, dancing, talking, spending time together, or helping Drax ; and Peter was chilling either co-piloting with Rocket, or spending time with Gamora.

Everything had changed ever since they had defeated Ego, Peter's celestial father, four years earlier. Gamora and Peter were no longer hiding their feelings for one another, but during the missions they had to keep in mind that they had to stay focused. They had had dates in the past four years, they had grown up, and were both acting like leaders and friends when needed. Drax was no longer haunted by his desire of revenge, even if sometimes he was dreaming of killing off Thanos, for slaughtering his late wife and daughter. Groot had grown up and was in his teenager branch phase: he was listening to hard rock bands from Peter's mix tapes, and was no longer obeying to Rocket, being some kind of punk rebel, that only listened to Peter, who was the only one to have stayed a bit punk despite his now mature behaviour. Rocket, on the other hand, was still the same grumbling raccoon, even if he stopped wanting everyone to hate him the way he was trying to back when they had crashed Peter's ship four years earlier.

That's at least what Peter was noting, looking aback from that moment, after another tiring mission, flying through the stars of the Universe. He smiled and was about to lie down on his bed when the alarm system started to ring.

"Peter! I think we have a problem!" Gamora flung from the cockpit.

"No kidding!!! I truly didn't know this alarm was made to warn us there is a problem!" Peter replied with sarcasm, joining the rest of the team in the front of the ship.

"Stop with the sarcasm, Quill!" Rocket cut them off. "According to the map, it seems Xandar has a problem in their vaults!"

"Xandar here we come!" Peter said before taking his wheel and accelerating their speed to go as soon as possible to the planet.

The ship landed on Xandar, and the Guardians of the Galaxy headed running to the vaults, where they found Sakaarans stealing one of the most precious and dangerous weapons of the city and even of the Universe, something they had put in the vault themselves four years earlier after defeating Ronan the Accuser, one of Thanos' pawns. One of the Sakaaran soldiers took the globe on its not-so-secure-anymore pedestal, a globe glowing of purple light. The Orb was not safe anymore.

Drax and Gamora went first to try to knock out the Sakaarans, while Groot was trying to get the globe back to him. Peter and Rocket covered their friends, shooting at the enemies, and fighting hand-to-hand against the closest enemies. The Sakaarans were not easy to beat, and were superior in numbers ; it was enough to beat the Guardians up. The fight had been tough and the Nova Corps found the Guardians almost knocked out on the floor, the Orb missing, in the hands of their enemies. The Guardians were taken care of by the Corpsmen, and taken to the Nova Prime's office in the highest building of the city.