Chapter Eight

**AN: Merry Christmas everyone!!! So, this was my Christmas surprise, a brand new chapter, and about a character we all love very much, Loki :-) I really hope you will like it because despite having troubles sometimes writing it, I really enjoyed writing this one, especially since it caused me to change Loki's path in this fiction from another very different I was considering when I started writing. Enjoy it <3**

___________________

In a golden room, Heimdall the Guardian of the Bifrost was waiting to see his Prince's silhouette appearing in front of him. After a few moments, Thor landed and Heimdall bowed.

"Welcome home, my Prince. Change suits you." Heimdall declared with respect.

"Greetings, Heimdall. I suppose you know why I am here." Thor replied.

"Yes, but I must warn you that you may find everything changed. You may not reach what you came for."

"If it's about my silly brother shapeshifting into my father, the latter missing and the fact that my brother might have traded the Tesseract to the wrong people, I am quite aware it can happen. I shall go nonetheless, I owe this to my people."

"Be careful, my Prince, the King is not all sane in his mind."

Thor nodded, and took the horse to cross the Bifrost to the center of Asgard. The journey to the palace was peaceful, at least Loki didn't want to arrest him right away. He kept thinking nevertheless, wondering what motives Loki had to take over the throne and to pretend he was Odin. The latter was not part of the few persons Loki actually cared about, so why impersonating him, while he could just impose himself to his people, like the dictator he was seen to be in Stuttgart, Germany, when he was looking for the Tesseract? Everything was nonsense to Thor and he knew he had a lot of questions for Loki but so little time, and his priority should be the Tesseract.

One of the horse keepers of the palace took care of Thor's horse as he rod down from it. The guards didn't do anything to arrest him so he figured out that either Loki never revealed himself and it would feel weird if the Allfather ordered to arrest Thor, or Loki decided he wanted to talk first before doing anything. Determined to have answers to his numerous questions, Thor headed to the throne room, where his father — here Loki disguised as him — could be usually found thinking and being nostalgic about his late wife, mother of Thor and adoptive mother of Loki, Frigga. The guards nodded at his arrival and opened the room, to announce him:

"His Highness, Prince Thor of Asgard, your Majesty."

Thor entered the throne room and found his 'father' next to the windows, thoughtful. He approached him slowly, trying to figure out some clue that perhaps this wasn't Loki tricking people. The 'Allfather' turned to him and greeted him:

"My son! How changed you are. Welcome home."

"Thank you, Father. I am glad to be home, but I am not here for long."

"Ah? And why is that?" 'Odin' asked.

"My mission is to make sure the Tesseract is safe in our vaults. Someone is trying to manipulate all of us, and I want to know why, and to stop him." Thor replied, willing to see how his 'father' was reacting to the news.

As planned, 'Odin' seemed a bit odd and uncomfortable. He looked away, and awkwardly said:

"Thor, the Tesseract is very safe in our vaults. You do not need to check it out. It would be useless. When you brought your brother back with it, we promised to take a great care of it."