Chapter Fifteen

"Do you have to go to work today?" I sat on the hotel bed, finishing the vanilla yogurt. I licked the spoon clean and when I noticed him watching me I raised an eyebrow before throwing the plastic in the trashcan.

"No" He responded quietly, tying the towel around his waist. His hair was damp and whatever body wash he used made him smell divine.

He scowled, "I don't have any fresh clothes"

"Obviously" I responded. He had been the one who dragged me to this dumb hotel. He picked up his clothes from yesterday then picked up a can of deodorant and sprayed it all over them.

I began coughing and held my nose, glaring up at him, "Do that in the bathroom! I can't breath, Zac!"

He looked down to me, blinking momentarily before chuckling at my reaction, "It is kind of strong"

"Are you staying with me all day today?" I asked quietly and his brow furrowed. He studied me before a small smile appeared on his face, "What, you're becoming attached to me?"

"Answer" I responded sharply, "Or are you going off to do some sneaky business again?"

His expression changed when he realized what I was talking about. His eyes left my face and his grip on the deodorant tightened before he set it down,"Hollie. You don't need to worry about any of that"

"Yes, I do Zac. Remember when you ended up in hospital because of it?"

"I was a kid"

"No you weren't, you were like seventeen, I forget but you weren't a kid"

"It's run differently now"

"Noir is not a nice person, he's just as bad as the last guy. I'm going to castrate Josh myself if he gets you tied up in this sort of thing"

He pulled on his top and barely offered me a glance, "I'll be fine"

"I'm serious, I'll go to them myself"

"No you won't"

"Want to bet?"

"No"

"Then don't do anything stupid"

"I'm not, I'm just loaning Josh money"

"Then loan it to him by himself, you don't have to go get involved, let him come collect it"

"Pack your bags, Hollie" He said, "I'll check us out" And without another word he left the room. I glared after him, frustrated with how he acted with this whole thing, as if it was nothing.

I was about to fall back on the bed with a groan before my eyes landed on a phone, Zac's phone.

I didn't even hesitate. I ran over to it and picked it up, thanking the stars when it was still unlocked. I quickly went to his contacts and scanned for the name 'josh'.

There were two...

I pulled out my old phone and put both numbers into my phone before then adding the latest two people he was texting. I assume done of them might be Noir since that was the last person he was dealing with.

I regretted smashing my new phone now, iPhone's weren't cheap.

Now I had to use an old Android phone I used before I saved up enough and frankly, it was terrible. It lagged and overheated way too much.

My hands were shaking as I locked his phone and threw it down back onto the counter before rushing back to my place on the bed. Only a minute later the door opened and he walked back in.