Chapter Sixteen

"Will you be okay here?"

"Of course I will" I frowned, "Go, work calls"

"I'll be back in an hour or so, I'm sorry about this"

"Zac, chill. Send me a snapchat though to prove your at work, I'm warning you"

He rolled his eyes, "You heard it was my secretary that called and you've been glued to me the past day. I haven't had a chance to even message the others"

My lips formed a straight line as one eyebrow raised.

"Not that I'm going to" he smiled sheepishly but in response I rolled my eyes. I lay back onto the bed, kicking off my shoes as I waved Zac away, "Go do your business stuff"

"I'll see you later, Hols" He walked over and planted a small kiss on my forehead. I sucked in a small breath, keeping my eyes locked onto my hands before forcing out a, "Later"

When he pulled back and left the room, my tense muscles relax and I let out a breath I had been holding in. Zac smelled really good, he always had. He always had the same scent around him, whatever he wore.

It was good though.

I was aware of his situation though...

He was a lone wolf. Since I had been with Max, or duo had shut off so he seemed to partially shut me out somehow which was understandable. It didn't make what he was doing okay, how he got himself involved with those people again.

I hated the cops in this town. They were aware there was a gang and that sometimes they killed people but they basically turned the other way. Whether they were scared or corrupt, they never took matters into their hands.

Yet they could pull me over for going a tiny bit over the speed limit. Probably why I had a grudge against them, but that wasn't the whole reason.

I pulled out my phone, well my old phone. I wanted to cry and slap myself. I had been in such a fit of rage I broke my current new one so now I was stuck with this china android one, I didn't even know the make.

My eyes scanned over the two 'Josh's' I had added into my contacts as well as the unknown one. I nibbled my lower lip, my thumb wavering over the dial button on Josh.

What would I say?

Leave Zac alone. Go beg someone else for money. You're worthless?

I didn't have any clue but without thinking I hit the dial button which made my heart begin to race. WHAT DO I SAY? WHY WOULD YOU PICK THE GREEN BUTTON HOLLIE?!

"Hello?" The deep voice made me freeze, my brow furrowing. Wrong Josh... Josh's voice wasn't this deep and sexy.

"Hello?" The voice repeated when I didn't answer so I quickly hit the red button before letting out a groan. Nice job-

My eyes flew open when my phone buzzed and the same caller I.D appeared.

I ignored it.

It rang again.

I ignored it.

It rang again.

I answered.

"Hello" I said, my voice barely a whisper.

"Who's this? How did you get my number?"

"Uh.. I'm irrelevant" I could hear my own voice shake as I clung tightly to the phone.

It was silence for a moment before I heard a low chuckle, "Hello irrelevant. Can I ask where you got my number from?"

"Can I ask who you are?"