6. Grinch

EUNHAE'S POV:

Nothing seems right today. Not even the satisfying sound of coffee pouring down or the sight of watching the scrumptious chocolate syrup being poured all over the fresh baked cakes whose aroma had taken over the whole cafe. If I have estimated it right, I even made a record for rolling my eyes for about ninety eight times at the first two hours at work. 

"Eunhae? Are you feeling okay child?" An old women who would frequently visit the cafe asked me in a concerned tone.

"Uh, yes ma'am. Too much school work I guess." I laughed it off.

"Youngsters like you deserve all the respect. Earning and working to support themselves. A strong girl you are." She smiled as I passed on her parcel to her.

I nodded and looked down in respect. I got so carried away in wiping the counters clean and pilling up plates that I barely noticed the awkward signals Irene was sending me. I noticed her when she nudged her elbow in my back.

"Yah that hurts." I said rubbing my back.

"Haha halmoni." Irene poked her tongue out.

"Shut it old cabbage. What's with the nudging?" I smirked after my victorious little come back.

"Rude much?" She dramatically placed her hand on her chest. 

I was laughing when my eyes spotted a similar figure and I froze in my steps. 

Kris

Out of all the people he just had to come to this place. 

His sudden appearance made me curse, "Shit."

"Yup. That was what I was telling you about. Hey? You can leave early. I'll cover for you. Go. Use the back door." Irene said.

"You ermm... sure?" I asked.

"Yes. Girl now go." She nodded her head.

"I love you Irene~ Thanks." I hugged her.

"Love you too. Now fasten your pace pabo." 

With quick steps, I made my journey to the door which was my key to escape. I put on my coat and headed out, making sure no one was following me.

--------------------------------------------------

HOSEOK'S POV:

It was still time till Eunhae was on her shift so I decided to get some coffee while she is on her shift. Using coffee as an excuse to meet her or even just land eyes on her, I wore my leather jacket, got on my bike and drove off.

I spotted a familiar feminine figure walking in my opposite direction as I was about to reach that cozy place to get coffee. Our eyes met for perhaps only a millisecond and I could instantly tell who that feminine figure belonged to. 

Eunhae.

The way her eyes get sparks when they meet mine, I cant tell that it's Eunhae from afar. My hands automatically reached for the breaks and stopped where I was. She had stopped too. The light of the night moon shined ever so gracefully on her face and her hair softly moved with the wind. She had started to fidget her hands in the way she does when she gets all nervous. One hand of her clutched her purse and her other hands' index finger was now rubbing against the side of her thumb. 

"Eunhae!" I called out as I got off my bike.

"Hoseok, um..hey." Her lips folded in to a nervous smile.

"You leaving early?"

"Yeah.."

"Why? I mea....." I was cut off by Eunhae.

"Some stuff. I just can not be there at the moment." She spilled out as her grip around her purse tightened.

"Oh." 

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed. After all, she was the whole reason my lazy butt decided to move. While I was all engaged in my own thoughts, I saw her eyes dart to the cafe. On her slightest action, I too turned to look back. 

Well I'll be darned. Its the grinch.

------------------------------------------

I have my mids going on right now and here I am writing a new chapter :')) Btw here's a small updatee :)) 

DoNt FoRgEt To VoTe  CoMmEnT <33