snowball

Y/n's P.O.V

I sat in the passenger seat of my brothers car, as we drove to my friend's house to pick him up.

"Do you think anyone will dance with me?"

My brother turned to face me as I fixed up my slight amount of makeup.

"Y/n, you're the little sister of the Steve Harrington. Guys will be begging to dance with you!"

As we pulled into Dustin's driveway, I started thinking about who I'd like to dance with.

The first person who came to mind was Mike. I smiled at the thought of dancing with him, and Steve noticed.

"Ooh, I can tell you're thinking of someone. Who is it?"

"Oh shut up! Go get Dustin."

Steve got out of the car and walked to the door, while I sat, thinking more about Mike. I'd had a thing for him since fifth grade.

It didn't help that Troy's nickname for me was "Frogface's Girlfriend".

The car door slammed shut, and I jumped about 3 feet in the air.

"Hey, Y/n." Dustin said from the back seat. I turned to face him, and just the sight of him told me that Steve had given him some "advice".

I sighed, shook my head and turned back around. I stayed quiet for the rest of the trip, thinking about Mike.

"-n! Y/n!"

Steve was shaking my shoulder, and I saw that we were at school. I also noticed that Dustin wasn't in the car anymore. I opened and closed the car door, waved goodbye to Steve, and entered the hall.

At the back of the room, I spotted my friends. I waved to everyone, and Dustin told me that I had fallen asleep in the car.

Max and Lucas snickered a bit, but one death glare shut them up.

~~~~

I sat down in a seat near where Mike was sitting. We were the only two left, and I found this situation very awkward.

Lucas and Max were dancing together, someone had asked Will to dance, and Dustin was dancing with Nancy.

Y/n! Now's a perfect time to ask Mike to dance.

I ignored the thought, and continued to sit, sneaking glances at Mike every now and again.

Then El walked through the door. Mike stood up, and I did too, not wanting to be the awkward loner.

"E-El, you look beautiful. Do... do you want to dance?"

El looked at Mike, then looked back at me. I awkwardly waved at El, and she smiled back.

"Sorry Mike, but no. You should dance with Y/n."

My jaw dropped, but when Mike turned around to look at me, I quickly regained posture.

"N-no, it's fine. You guys dance, I'll just sit at the table."

I turned on my heel and started walking away, when someone grabbed my wrist. It was Mike.

"I actually wouldn't mind dancing with you."

I tried to hide the huge smile on my face, but El saw it. I mouthed "thank you" to her and she nodded.

I placed my hands around Mike's neck as he placed his on my waist. We moved slowly to the music. I was glad that I had spent last night learning how to dance with Steve.

I guess we both got caught up in the moment, because one moment we were dancing the next we were kissing.

It felt... electrifying.

Mike pulled away first, and I felt kinda sad. He was staring at the floor awkwardly.

"Sorry about that. I... I was caught up in the moment."

"It's fine. I kinda liked it."

He looked up, with the cutest smile on his face, and I couldn't help it. I kissed him again.

~~~~

I walked out of the hall, and hopped into Steve's car. Dustin got in the back. The ride was quite silent, cause we were both tired.

We dropped Dustin at home, and the second we got back in the car, Steve started messing with me.

"So, who's the lucky guy?"

I gasped and shoved him, crossing my arms and leaning back with a huff.

"None of your business."

"It was Mike wasn't it?"

Steve took my silence, and blushing face as a yes.

"So, did you kiss?"

I choked on the air.

"Noooo!"

"You're lying. Dustin told me."

Remind me to kill Dustin later