the girl in the sewers

Richie's P.O.V

The sewers were not a very nice place to be. That was something we could all agree on. But Bill wanted to come here, so we all followed.

Bill and I were the only ones to go in, as Eddie refused to go anywhere near the greywater and Stan didn't want to go in either.

Eddie had made a big fuss about how his mom would have an aneurysm if she knew we were all down here. He was always saying shit like that.

Bill picked up a shoe that was floating around. He shone his flashlight on it and I saw that there was a name on it.

"It's Betty Ripsoms'."

We all turned to face each other. There was splashing sound behind us. Like the sound of someone walking towards us.

Then we saw the shadow. The shadow of a person. Bill and I slowly backed out, as the shadow moved towards us.

"Richie?" The voice was frail, and hoarse. But it was familiar. It was the voice of someone who had gone missing months ago.

"Y/n? Oh my god, Y/n!"

I ran towards the girl, engulfing her in the biggest hug ever. She was really dirty, but I didn't care.

"Y/n, I can't believe you're alive! I was so worried you had died!"

We were both crying, her more than me.

Y/n had disappeared on the 3rd of July, 1988, and I'd been looking for her ever since. That was when Bill roped us into finding his brother.

Soon, my search for Y/n was something I did by myself. I searched every afternoon. Every afternoon for 353 days.

And now, here she was. Standing right in front of me. Hugging me. It was like a dream come true. Or maybe it was like a fairy tale.

So I did the one thing that happened at the end of every fairy tale. I kissed her. And she kissed back.

It was exactly like a fairy tale, until Eddie decided to ruin it.

"Okay, one, can we get away from the sewers. Two, oh my god gross you're kissing Richie. And three, who the fuck are you!?"

We all walked away from the sewers, and found a small field. Y/n lay down on the grass, a huge smile on her face. I'd be smiling too if I was in her position.

"Okay now can you please explain who the fuck she is, and why you guys were kissing?"

I stood up, and Y/n sat up.

"To answer your questions, one, this is Y/n. She disappeared 353 days ago and I've been looking for her ever since then. Two, I kissed her because she's my girlfriend."

Eddie, Bill and Stan all had the same facial expressions. An expression of utter shock and disbelief.

"You have a girlfriend?" They all yelled at the same time. I nodded, and smiled at Y/n.

"Yeah, I never brought her up because we became friends after she went missing and it hurt me to talk about her."

Bill nodded, understanding what I meant.

"But," we all turned to face Y/n. "I'm here now. So I guess you can show me off to your friends."

"Oh don't worry, I will. Now let's go get you cleaned up."

I held out my hand for her to take, and I helped her to her feet. We walked towards her house, hand in hand.

~~~~

3rd Person

Eddie turned to look at Bill and Stan as Y/n and Richie walked ahead.

"Holy fuck, Richie has a girlfriend."

I don't know what the fuck this is but I like it?? I think