Meet Mr. Albernon

I couldn't help but stare at the stranger that sat in the corner.

"Who is he...?" I thought aloud, "He doesn't look familiar..."

"Colin Eugene Albernon." Whitney whispered in my ear, obviously listening in to my words. "Haven't you heard of him?"

I shook my head. "He's a brand new face to me."

Whitney looked mortified. "How can you call yourself a woman?! Every girl has heard of him at least once!"

I simply shrugged. "Don't forget that I'm not like most girls, Whit."

She frowned. "Well then, I suppose you wouldn't mind me taking this to him instead?"

Before I could answer, she picked up the mint latte and made her way towards Mr. Albernon.

Right away, she sat across from him and set his order down in front of him.

"So, you're Colin Albernon, yes?" I heard her say, "I've heard so much about you. How long are you going to be in town? Are you going to stay here while you visit?"

 How long are you going to be in town? Are you going to stay here while you visit?"

He appeared to be slightly uncomfortable with her questions.

"I'm...afraid not, miss." He said, almost too quiet for me to hear, "I'm...heading out tomorrow afternoon...for London..."

Whitney's face darkened. "Oh...I see..."
She sat back in her chair in silence.
I snickered slightly. Whitney wasn't too used to bad news.

It was at that exact moment that Chad stormed into the building.

"Whitney!" He shouted, "What do you think you're doing?!"

Whitney jumped up in a panic. "N-nothing Chad...I was just..."

"Cheating on me with this...this...whatever he is?!"

"No! No, I'd never..."

"You and I are going home," Chad yelled in her face, "Now!"

I stepped between the two of them.
"Mr. Lewis, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. You've done enough alre..."

My words immediately stopped as his open hand found a target on the left side of my face.

"Rose!" I heard Whitney scream, "How  could you..."

"Shut up woman, or you're next!" Chad replied, "you and your partner here."

I looked at Mr. Albernon. His face was blank and his fists were clenched.

"You know, Mr. Lewis," He said in an even tone, "Where I come from, it is an offense for a man to strike a woman."