Chapter 2 : After The Fall

Year 2025

Three years since the war started, people were retreated back to the city of Trost. The military had to initiate one last resort to prevent further advancing of the Marley troops, they blew up the bridges that connected Shinganshina to Trost. From now on the two city were divided by the Rose river. We managed to find a little place for us to live, since that place is almost abandoned because of the war so not many people dare to live there. Soon we were enlisted into the military brigade.

Eren's POV

Flashback

"So Eren.....you want to join the military...?", Armin asked.

"Yeah! That's my dream, my parents were killed by those goddamn Marley soldier!", I said.

"I'll join the military too....", Mikasa said as she sat on her bed.

"What! No Mikasa----"

"No you listen Eren, I want to avenge my parents too...you're not the only one who lost your parents.", she coldly said.

"Armin....?", I said.

"I'll also join, since I already have nothing to lose.", he faked a smile and said. "Well we are being paid more in the military though, we have food and shelter in the base, so what can possibly go wrong."

"So....let's enlist together tomorrow.", I said.

Flashback end

I woke up early in the morning where the sun just barely appeared at the horizon. I stood at the top floor of a abandoned apartment, stared at the fireballs emerged from Shinganshina at the distance. Roaring sound of the fighter jets ripped through the sky, bombs were being dropped, I helpless watched as the building collapsed or being blown apart.

"Can we get back to the town we used to know?", a thought appeared in my mind as I looked at the distant Shinganshina.

"Eren....", I noticed Mikasa walked towards me.

"What's the matter, Mikasa?", I asked.

"Time to wake up.....", she said as she slowly fades away. I cracked opened my eyes, realized I'm already in the military barracks while Sergeant Shadis is banging the door, forced us to wake up.

I reluctantly get up and ran to my locker and get changed into my military uniform. I grabbed my assault rifle and ran towards the meeting point.

The next thing I know, I'm already in the military chopper, heading towards the war zone. I looked around, luckily I'm dispatched into the same team with my friends who enlist in the military too. My team consist of me, Mikasa, Armin, Connie and Sasha. Callsign : Razor

"Okay rookies! The frontline squad is taking heavy fire, we're there to provide support! Understand?", Lieutenant Rico Brzenska said.

"Ackerman, Braus. You two go to the roof to provide sniper support for us. Yeager, you lead the rest of your squad kill the rest of those bastard! Understand?"

"Yes ma'am!"

Mikasa's POV

Our team landed on the ground, we ran as fast as we can to go to the frontline.

"Mikasa, Sasha! This building is fine! Be careful okay?", Armin pointed at the building beside us and said.

"We're counting on you two.", Eren said with a smile on his face before he joined the rest of the soldier.

"Come on Sasha, let's go.", I said as we ran up the stairs and reached the top floor. I set up my sniper rifle and laid down at the edge. I watched though the scope, searching for potential danger.