Chapter 3 : An Old Friend

Eren's POV

After a while, we have no sight of enemy activities, I looked at my watch, 3 am.

"Still have an hour huh?", I said as I looked towards Mikasa who lied down beside me, sleeping with her finger still on the trigger.

"*sigh* Aren't you say you're not sleepy...", I mumbled as I let out a little smirk.

"ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!", I heard someone yelled for help at the distant. Mikasa jolted up and looked at the scope.

"Did you see anyone?", I asked.

"Wait a second.......found it. 1 o'clock, 3 blocks away, beside the 7-11.", she said.

"Let me have a look.", I said as I crawled towards her and looked at the scope. "Hey....Wait....is that Jean?"

"Wait....that horseface...? He still alive...?", she said.

"Yep, it's him."

"Let's save-----"

"No! Yeager, we can't afford to expose our location, there maybe a group of enemy after him. I'm sorry but he has to die.", Lieutenant Rico came up the roof and said.

"But---", I said.

"No but!"

"I don't care, I need to go, I can't accept this. I can't leave anyone behind.", I said as I ran towards the door and went downstairs but she stopped me halfway.

"You know the consequences right, Yeager?"

"I know...", I said as she let me go.

"Eren, I'm coming with you.", Mikasa said as she got up, grabbed her rifle and ran downstairs with me.

"No!...you stay here to cover me okay?", I said.

"I know.", she replied.

Mikasa's POV

I grabbed my rifle and ran towards the edge of the rooftop, I lied down, looked at the scope as I looked at Eren's position.

"Ackerman....use my Intervention.", Lieutenant Rico came and gave her sniper rifle to me.

"Huh...?", I looked at her in confusion.

"Mine is suppressed, and.....your weapon is kinda sucks...", she said.

"Thanks.", I said as I grabbed her rifle, my heart kinda pumped up since this is the first time I use a M200 Intervention.

"Okay...let's see what this baby can do.", I said in my mind as I searched for enemy solider.

"Eren, 3 tangos on your left, proceed to eliminate.", I lined up my crosshair to the three person.

"Are you sure?"

"Sure.", I said as I slowed down my breath and gently pulled the trigger. The next thing I saw is the three person lied on the ground, lifeless.

"Thanks.", he said through the radio comms.

"Nice shot, Ackerman.", Lieutenant Rico said.

"How far away is the 7-11?", Eren asked through the radio comms.

"It just around the corner.", I said as I saw an enemy sniper on the rooftop aiming at Eren. "Eren! Stop moving....sniper on rooftop."

"Can you eliminate him?", he said.

"Sure."

"Are you sure? That tango is almost 2.6 kilometers (1.6 miles) away.", Lieutenant Rico said.

"Yes, I'm completely sure.", I said as I lowered my heartbeat and breath, focused myself on the little target in my scope.

Breathe in

"Come on Mikasa, you can do it.", I said in my mind.

Breathe out

I pulled the trigger, suddenly it seems the time has slowed down. The recoil from the shot rippled through my body. Couple seconds later, the only thing I saw is just a dead body lying on the roof. I pulled the bolt, the remaining cartridge expelled from the gun, still smoking.

"Mikasa...that's a confirmed kill.", Eren said through the radio comms.

"How could you be so accurate......at that kind of distance....?", she said in disbelief. "You're really a gifted one."

"Thanks for the compliment, Lieutenant.", I replied.

"Mikasa, target acquire, heading back to school.", he said.

"I'll be watching your back, be careful."

"Roger that."

Few minutes later, Eren came back safely with our old friend, Jean Kristien. He looked completely shocked and terrified.

"Thank for the gun, Lieutenant.", I said as I gave back the gun and walked towards Eren's location.

"Jean....what happen...?", he asked.

A/N
I kinda forgot this book so I didn't update in a while. Sorry if you feel that this chapter sucks but if you enjoy it, thank you.

Bye!