Chapter 6 : Special Operations Squad

Eren's POV

My squad and the others chosen squad gathered at the front of the hanger, waiting for the transport plane to arrive before the break of dawn. I stretched my back as I looked at all the stuff piled up beside us.

"Transport is here.", Armin said as he pointed at the huge plane company by several jets in the air. The plane landed later and we carried out stuff to the plane. The hatch opened and Captain Levi just stood right there with his arms crossed.

"Okay brats! Get your asses moving, we're one big target for those bastard!", he said as we entered the transport plane as fast as we could. The plane took off slowly and we're in the air in minutes. Half an hour later we arrived at the destination. The hatch opened and we were awed by the base.

"Stop daydreaming, follow me.", Captain Levi coldly said as we exited the plane and followed him. Soon we arrived at an apartment like building.

"These are your dorms, one unit for one person, so there's no sharing between member.", he said. "Wait a second.....FOUR EYES!!! WHERE ARE YOU!", he yelled as a middle aged woman came out from the building.

"Oh Levi, what do you want me to do?",

"Take these kids for a tour, Erwin is calling me.", he said.

"Okay.", she said and he leave afterwards. "Okay, let's introduce myself, I'm Staff Sergeant Hanji Zoe. You can call me Hanji only since we don't usually care about rankings that much in this place."

"Let's put all your stuff on the ground, we gotta change it all, including your weapon. Take your keys and minimal belongings and regroup at here in 30 minutes."

"Yes ma'am."

We took the keys and went to our respective rooms at the tenth floor. Most of us choose the room close to each other.

"Wait this place even got a balcony!?", Connie said as in disbelief as he entered the room.

"This is whole lot better than the previous base.", I said.

"Yeah.", Armin replied.

I entered my room put the remaining stuff aside and opened the door of the balcony. I noticed Mikasa stood at at her room's balcony, looked at the distant mountain range. As wind slowly blew, she tucked her hair behind her ear. That moment stuck me, she's actually quite beautiful. She noticed me and gave me a smile.

"Hey Eren.", she softly said as my heart beat faster and faster.

"Hey Mikasa....it's beautiful, right?", I nervously said.

"Yeah....", she said with a slight smile as she looked away.

"Time's up! Come down now.", Hanji said through the PA system. I turned away and noticed a pile of ropes located at the balcony and I have an idea.

"Mikasa, how about we fast rope down there?", I asked as I tied the rope at the balcony fence.

"Great idea.", she said as she does her part. I climbed over and slowly dropped myself down onto the ground. We arrived at the gathering point at the same time.

"Hmm...as expected from the best two cadet from Lieutenant Rico.", she said in an impressed tone.

"Thank for the compliment.", we said. Soon the rest of the group had arrived.

"Follow me, we're heading to the armory, the place I spend most of my time.", she said like she's leading a bunch of kids to a amusement park. As we arrived at the armory, our eyes were widened like we just received a birthday gift.

"Oh my god.....Merry Christmas.", I said as I won't believe the thing before my eyes.

"All of you are able to choose two primary and one secondary weapon. Attachments are free to choose. If you want to modify your weapon, you can find me afterwards. Have fun guys.", she said.

Mikasa's POV

As I entered the armory, my eyes just fixed on a sniper rifle hanging on the wall. I took it down and have a look and a satisfying smile appeared on my face.

"This is the one.", I said with a smile on my face. Suddenly someone hugged Mr from behind and I noticed it's Sasha.

"I see you have it, same with Lieutenant Rico's.", she said with a smirk on her face.

"How do you know it?"

"Oh come on, you'll been talk about that basically everyday since then.", she replied.

"Oh really, I'm sorry though.", I let out an awkward laugh. After that we gather an the front of the armory after being called by Hanji.

"Okay rookies, I guess you're already know what these thing are.", she said as she pointed at a pile of things lying on the ground. "In case you don't know, these are exo-skeleton suit, design to enhance human capabilities.  You can run faster, lift heavier, work harder by using minimal force, now I turned this into a lecture, I should stop now. Come and get yours."

"*sigh* Hopefully this thing won't get In my way.", I said I my mind as I grabbed one.

~3 months later~

"Mikasa, how the view up there?", Eren said through the radio comms.

"Three tangos by the car and two on the rooftop. We'll take out the ones on the rooftop.", I said and I gave a nodded to Sasha beside me.

"Okay, so the rest are ours. Eren out."

"Sasha, I'll take the left.", I said as I aimed at the target.

"Okay."

"3,2,1.", I said as we pulled the trigger at the same time. Both target was eliminated, as well as the three down there.

"Okay, simulation done. Empty your weapon and exited the arena.", Captain Levi said through the radio comms. I get up, empty my gun and regroup with others.

"Nice shot Ackerman, keep it up.", Levi said.

"Thank Capitan.", I replied

"All of you done a great job, I'm looking forward for you all in the battlefield.", he said. "Wait.....we just got confirmation, you all need to deploy, they started to push in aggressively. Get prepared!"

"Yes sir."

"Eren, make the call.", Armin said.

"*sigh* Fine....resupply yourself and group up at the designate location.", he said. After a while, we're already in the chopper, heading towards the war zone.

A/N
I'm really sorry for not updating frequent. A lots of things happen recently but I'm already sort it out and I'll be back on track.

Peace out✌