Chapter 5 : Captain Levi

Eren's POV

I rubbed my eyes as the alarm clock giving out the annoying sound. I turned it of as the other's and I walked towards the bathroom to clean ourselves. Today is quite an easy day since we doesn't have any deployment to the battlefield.

After that, we went outside of the barracks and do some basic warm-up for a routine exercise. I looked at the sky as it started to light up and thought.

"Why war exist in the first place?", I shook my head as Armin tapped on my shoulder.

"Come on, let's go.", he said as all of them started running around the base. Soon I ran to the front of the pack, saluted to high ranking military officers on the way.

"Morning Eren.", a voice appeared beside me, I looked at him, it's Jean.

"Oh hey Jean...everything fine?", I asked.

"It's okay....", he answered. After that, awkward silence surrounded both of us. Soon his eyes slowly landed on the girls who just joined us.

"Hey....where are you looking, you pervert...", I said in a despise tone as I looked at him.

"*awkward laugh* You know it...", he replied.

"Good morning Eren.", Mikasa said as she ran closer to me. "Let's have a race, shall we?"

"*sigh* Fine...."

"Okay, 3...2...1....go!"

*Moments later*

I leaned against the tree, gasping for air as Armin patted my back. I looked at her as she barely break a sweat.

"I'm done.....you win, Mikasa.", I said. My shirt is soaked in my sweat so I took it off, exposed my upper part of my body. Some of the female recruits who are resting at the side included Mikasa have a slight pink blush on their face.

"Emm...Eren..? Do you mind to put some clothes on?", Mikasa embarrassingly said.

"Hehe...Are you embarrass right now?", I said as I slowly walked towards her. But before I knew it, she punched me in the face and cause me to fall onto the ground.

"Don't make it too far, Eren...", she said as she clenched her fist and gave me a despise face.

"Attention all recruits!", Lieutenant Rico said as she approached us. "Okay, I'll make it short, Captain Levi from the Special Operations Squad will be here for recruits."

"Wait a second Lieutenant.....the Captain Levi...?", I asked.

"Yes. He'll be here by 1500 hours so you guys get prepare.", she said before she leave. "Oh by the way Eren, put some damn clothes on."

All of them burst into laugh, cause me to have a light flush on my face as I put back my shirt. We went back to our respective dorm after that, as I having my shower, I thought.

"Special Operations Squad, the most elite armed forces available. Their member are the most elite warriors whose specialties are extremely impressive."

After shower, I went out from my dorm and walked towards the canteen for breakfast.

"Hey Eren, here!", Armin waved his hand and yelled. I sat down and had my breakfast with Armin, Mikasa, Connie and Sasha.

"I heard that Captain Levi's squad never fail a mission before.", Armin said.

"That's impressive...", I said as I munching my food. "By the way if he choose our squad, I'll definitely accept that offer."

"As expected.", Mikasa smirked as she said. We laughed a little before continued our breakfast. After that, we're assigned to clean the chopper.

"For God sake, why we need to do this shit work.....in that middle of the afternoon!", I groaned as I took the water bucket and splashed it towards the chopper.

"Stop complaining and do your work!", Sergeant Shadis came out of nowhere and yelled at us.

"Yes sir!"

"Attention all recruits, please gather at hanger 2 in full gear immediately.", the PA system said.

"What! It's not even 3 p.m. yet.", Connie groaned as he jumped down from the chopper. We went back to our dorm and get changed into our full military uniforms and gears and ran to the designated place.

"Glad you guys can make it.", Lieutenant Rico sarcastically said. We watched as the helicopter slowly landed not far from us. Then came out two people, Commander Erwin Smith and Captain Levi.

"Hey Eren....he's shorter than I thought.", Connie whispered.

"Shut up baldy....you're shorter that him.", I whispered at him.

"Ok brats, I'll go straight to the point, I read though all your records, some of you have impressive score, so I need.....", as he started to call out names of the team leader, I started to get nervous as he'll called my name or not.

"Okay, that's it. These are the candidate teams.", he loudly said as he looked at the reports in his hand. I sighed as I didn't heard my name.

"The team I'm gonna call next will become the active member of the Special Operations Squad immediately.", he said. "Reiner Braun, Jean Kristien and Eren Yeager."

I tried to hold back my happiness as I walked towards him with my team.

"You all pack up your stuff, wait at here at 0600 hours. You all are going to our base tomorrow.", he said.

"Yes sir!"

"Emm...sir, I'm the only one left in my squad. But I want to be a part of the Special Operations Squad.", Jean came by and said. Levi looked at him and sighed.

"Fine. Okay you guys can leave now.", he said as Lieutenant Rico came by and have some private talk with him.

"YES!", I yelled in excitement in my for as we have some chat after finished our dinner.

"You do know that they have a high kill count right. I heard that some of the candidate teams turned down the offer.", Armin said.

"Well we can't blame them though.", I said. "Not everyone are willing to sacrifice themselves from the country."

"*sigh* You're right tho....", Connie said as we stared to the ceiling together.

"Time to sleep, gotta get up early tomorrow.", Armin said as he went to close the light.

"Goodnight guys.", I said as I pulled the blanket over my body.

"Goodnight.", the rest of my dorm mates replied.

A/N
Sorry for the late updates, being busy from doing something.😂

Hope you guys enjoy!

Bye!