【he banished the shadows】

Adrian, if you ever find this book, you're running to a girl that isn't me. I'm a shadow and what you see is a mirror of what you love. There are bones under my feet and I don't want you walking on them.

Someone new wraps me in his cloak and lifts me from the dead ground and deeper into the mirror where everything is as I love and you bang on the glass, the space around you closing in on your spirit.

I want to reach out for you and bring you into the shelter of glass, but the bandages bind me to him by the strings of my soul and I'm paralyzed watching you cry.

Those eyes of yours are begging for me to come back to the bittersweet release of your arms, but you're bleeding and need someone better to carry you into the light.

Adrian, sleeping besides the beating heart of someone new is the hard. It weighs down on the soul inside your ribcage until the bones crack and the soul is enveloped in tranquil numbness.

I keep running into his arms away from yours, but your fingertips are always brushing against my skin; they still send shivers across my body. I feel your warm tears freeze and fall to the floor before bursting like crystals of ice. With each tear, a slice appears on my heart and a new memory is lost to the shadows who eat them like cherries on icecream.

I'm always going to love you, but love has a way of morphing into new feelings and thoughts. I will love you like a girl loves her galaxy, but I will love myself like a girl loves her universe.

If you had the choice to the save the one you love, do not rescue me. I've found my cave of wonders beneath the empty bandages of russet hair.

-She who sings for dead ears