Epilogue

She woke up screaming.
Even though it had been years since Jack had rescued her from her frozen prison, but every night, she still woke up with a scream dying on her lips. It was better when Jack was around, and being the guardians of freedom and fun meant they were frequently together, but North had called him to the workshop to help with some of the upcoming Christmas preparations, leaving her completely and utterly alone.
After becoming a Guardian, she discovered that her ice palace was still intact, kept together my magic. She lived there now, with Jack.
In a way she craved those nightmares. She wanted them the way a man who had been buried in caves beneath the earth sought the sun. Knowing it would hurt once he reached it, and never stop. He would become used to it, but the pain would still be there. Seeking the nightmares and sun, for the warmth and memories that came with them.
In her nightmares she saw her people, her parents, and Ana. She hated the nightmares for the terror they put her through every night, but she loved them at the same time.
Somewhere in the back of her mind, she knew that wanting the nightmares would give Pitch an entrance to her mind; but they were like a drug. She could never stop wanting them.
She sat up in bed and looked down to the crystal floor beneath her feet.
A knocking on the door brought her to her senses. The ice castle was hidden in the North Mountain, very few people knew about it, no one ever knocked. Unless-
What she heard next tore her heart and healed it all at once.
It was a familiar, lilting, care-free voice. And it was female.
"Do you want to build a snowman?"

Last Edited 01.2016